Fall AP rates

Matt954

Original Poster
Hey, just looking to see if anyone knows when the Annual Passholder rates for fall are supposed to come out? Planning a trip in late September and want to jump on booking Pop Century before any chance of the dates not being available.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure they will always have discounted rates for AP and FL residents regardless of what is opening. They had it when fantasyland opened, along with Toy Story land.
Historically it’s been released in June. I suspect there will be something released for travel through November. Will it be as generous as past offers, maybe not, but it depends on what’s left in room inventory.

SWGE is one land in one park. They still have 3 other parks and the massively profitable F&W going on which need to be taken care of. Reports from DLR indicated major softness at the rest of the resort and DL because of people avoiding SWGE and the AP blackout. Will this trend continue to WDW? It will determine any discounts offered.

Matt954

Original Poster
Now into July and no AP rates released for September/October, and we've reached the 60 day window of when you can book fp if you were to book early September. I'm planning on going towards end of September. I hope rates are out before that 60 day windo so I can start booking fp. Anyone hear anything when they will be released?

Matt954

Original Poster
If done it before they make you cancel the reservation and rebook it. It's a whole process. Plus I want to add the dining plan.

Hcalvert

I waiting for some type of discount (AP, general, anything) for my early November trip. Right now, I have a standard room at CS booked for $234/night before taxes. DVC is sold out from my dates. 🤞

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Now into July and no AP rates released for September/October, and we've reached the 60 day window of when you can book fp if you were to book early September. I'm planning on going towards end of September. I hope rates are out before that 60 day windo so I can start booking fp. Anyone hear anything when they will be released?
Nothing yet. There is still tons of availability accross all categories. There have been grumblings over the interwebs that Disney is slow walking this because of the hope that SWGE would be a major draw, however the DL variant’s trouble is causing a panic in Anaheim which may translate over to the east coast.

As you stated, travel windows are closing fast and they don’t have much time to announce any sort of prr-holiday season deals, so if it is going to come, it would have to drop within the next week or two at the latest. So far Disney has been awful announcing discounts this year. They have been all over the place in their strategy is (if they have one) and usually announce discounts too late and in a very reactionary manner. The need to try and get as much $$ from the guest has really backfired this year. They would have been better off sticking to the same consistent promotional schedule they’ve done in years past.

Some people have speculated that the week of 7/8 or 7/15 would be the latest they could announce this. After this I doubt there will be anything unless SWGE is really soft, and then you might see some fire sale promotions.

Respo12

It’s almost impossible to guess the day they will actually even release a promo, going by the last 3 years on mouse savers, the rates dropped on a Tuesday one year, Thursday one year and a Monday the other year. I guess there is no rhyme or reason to when thy give them, although June typically is the month....🤨

So I am jumping on board with a question. No longer an AP holder... although in my dreams I would be. I impulsively booked airfare to WDW for Oct 9-Oct 13th and couldn't find a single hotel room available on the website. When I used the "chat" option, the woman responded with I am not able to access availability. Do you all think the parks will be at capacity or are they not releasing the correct availability? Any and all responses would be appreciated and I am sorry to add to your original post but it is in regards to the same times.

bee

So I am jumping on board with a question. No longer an AP holder... although in my dreams I would be. I impulsively booked airfare to WDW for Oct 9-Oct 13th and couldn't find a single hotel room available on the website. When I used the "chat" option, the woman responded with I am not able to access availability. Do you all think the parks will be at capacity or are they not releasing the correct availability? Any and all responses would be appreciated and I am sorry to add to your original post but it is in regards to the same times.
Have you tried calling? The people on the other side of the chat can't do much except provide phone numbers to reach someone who can help. I just looked up those dates and saw plenty of availability.

Dave B

Try booking a longer stay, then you can call after and shorten it to the dates you need

Dave B

Not sure when you looked, but I just went in and plugged those dates and there are 15 options, including POP, GF, Wilderness, allstars, etc

Last edited:

Matt954

Original Poster
I've learned if some times they don't show availability for a hotel on the main page with all hotels shown, either click on a specific hotel you'd want and some times it will show availability for a room. Or just try later on in the day and it might show more hotels with availability. I remember not that long ago we were driving up a day earlier then we planned with no resort booked. And we live 3 hours away so the whole drive my wife was refreshing to see if a value resort would open up. And about a half hour away pop century popped up with a room. So it pays to check back periodically since your so far ways from the trip.

Not s

Not sure when you looked, but I just went in and plugged those dates and there are 15 options, including POP, GF, Wilderness, allstars, etc

Thanks. I called someone and was quoted one price, then looked online (after I cleared my Browser and restarted my laptop) and was able to secure All Star Music ... now I am just hoping I can jump ship to a better reservation, or if possible, a discount code. I feel I have been priced out of Disney with all the price increases. :-( .

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can't you just book the hotel want and then adjust if the discounts come out?
Not really.

You can book a room, but it in no way "holds a spot" if discounts come out. If anything, booking a room in advance at full price lowers the chance of them offering a promotion for that particular room and timeframe as they are offered based on availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom