Fairytale Package

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Where can I get some info on it? I only have the basics from disneyworld.com. Is there any detailed information available that goes in more depth than what they have?

Yellow Shoes

The most important thing you need to know is that you must make your reservations by June 29. That is 15 days from now.

Some people have reported that there are dates that are sold out for certain resorts. Because of the PO rehab, parts of that complex are closed, thus making moderate rooms somewhat harder to get.

I believe you must make reservations through WD Travel, which has more restrictive cancellation policies than CRO (or quite possibly, than any travel agency in the civilized world :hammer:)

If you have specific questions ask away.

But make up your mind quickly

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What I really want to know is what kind of tickets are included, (are they length of stay, 7 day hoppers, etc) I already have a stay booked in August, and I have til the end of the week to cancel. I'm looking for details, since everything is scarce. If anyone has a write up of what is included, that is what I am looking for.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Thrawn
What I really want to know is what kind of tickets are included, (are they length of stay, 7 day hoppers, etc) I already have a stay booked in August, and I have til the end of the week to cancel. I'm looking for details, since everything is scarce. If anyone has a write up of what is included, that is what I am looking for.

Yes, they are length of stay Ultimate hopper tics. If you are staying for the 7, then like the room, you pay for 4 and get 3 days for free.

And that's what really makes this a great pckage, discounted rooms AND tickets. :sohappy:

The package is like a room reservation and a mini-dreamaker in one.

Accommodations for seven nights at a select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel, Ultimate Park Hopper Ticket, per person, Specially created character framed art (one per room), Keepsake Walt Disney Travel Company Luggage Tag (one per person)

That's it. You can add the Silver Plan to it ($68 per adult/$55 child/per night) to get the wishes.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

RJlvsTigger

I booked this package for 9/27/03 - 10/4/03. My husband and I booked through the Disney Club and my brother and his girlfriend booked it through Disney's CRO. It is a fantastic package. We were able to get the Wilderness Lodge (our first choice) for 7 nights with the length of stay Ultimate Park Hopper passes, all for the price of a 4 night stay. We were there in Dec. 2002 and didn't plan on going back this soon but we couldn't pass up this offer. :)

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok guys, thanks a lot. One last request for information, on the Yacht Club. Anything you can give would be great. I know the pool and where the resort is, but I'm not sure of restaraunts and the such. Is there a food court? And what are the differences between a moderate and a deluxe?

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

No food court at Yacht, Beach, or Boardwalk. You have easy access to the Boardwalk restaurants.

Several basic differences between moderates and deluxes. A big one is room layout. You can go to the disney.com website and see a floor plan to clarify.

In a moderate, you walk in the door and are in the sleeping area. The bathroom is along the back wall.

In a deluxe, the bathroom and a closet are immediately on your right and left as you go in the door. This creates a little "hallway" before you get to the beds. With this arrangement, your bed is a little farther away from the outside noise.

Deluxes have balconies (except for a few rooms at the Polynesian), and their front doors open onto an inside hallway.
The front door at a moderate opens to the outside.

Generally speaking, deluxes have a transportation option other than a bus (AKL is the exception, and PO, if you count the boat to DTD)

Deluxe resorts have more than 1 sit-down restaurant. Some deluxes don't have a food court set-up like mods or values, but have a snack bar. (same basic food choices)

Moderates have 2 "double" beds; Deluxes have 2 queen beds.

Room size:
WL/ AKL/ CBR 340 sq ft (note that CBR is a moderate)
Yacht/Beach 380 sq ft
PO 315 sq ft

...and of course, price

Upvote 0
Restaurants and such

Yellow Shoes is right. Because you are relatively close to the Boardwalk, those restaurants can be included in your choices. Unfortunately, at this point there really aren't counter service restaurants like Mara at AKL or Roaring Forks at WL at the Yacht Club. The closest thing to that at Yacht/Beach Club is Beaches and Cream. It's your throwback to a malt shop. Also at Stormalong Bay there is a quick service poolside food area, Hurricane Hanna's. They make a mean Bloody Mary.

At the Yacht Club, there is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Open only for dinner. At the Beach Club, there is the Cape May Cafe with a Character Breakfast and a Clambake nightly and Beaches and Cream.

At the Boardwalk, you have the ESPN Club,Spoodles,Flying Fish and Big River Grille and Brewing Works.

Check-out this website, http://wdwig.com. They have all the menus from every restaurant at WDW, including the resorts. Let us know if you have any more questions. Hope this helps.

Oh the quiet pool at the Yacht Club was just that, very quiet. Very nice after spending time around lots of people in the parks.

Upvote 0

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Last question: since there is no food court, I'm assuming that means there is no deal with the resort mugs and drink refills for length of stay, correct?

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

No, you still get refillable mugs. At the Beach Club the mugs are in your room when you check in. Since there is no food court you can get them filled at Beaches And Cream or Hurricane Hannah's. The only difference is you have to ask someone to refill it for you. The refills are still free. At Boardwalk you can get free refills at the Boardwalk Bakery. I'm not sure where else you can get refills there.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

I noticed that BC has a little "bar" that sells coffe, pop, juice and muffins and donuts in the am. You can also get the mugs refilled there. YC has the same area, but I never saw it running since I wasn't there in the am.

Even with no food court there is no lack of food at Y&BC. We did eat at Beaches and Cream alot. You have easy acces to all the WS restrants, Boardwalk and even S&D if you want (havn't done that yet.) Last trip we ate at Big River Grille for the 1st time and really liked it. (reasonable prices for WDW and good food.) I have heard good things about the food at ESPN, but not being a sports fan havent' tried it yet.

Upvote 0

careship

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
I noticed that BC has a little "bar" that sells coffe, pop, juice and muffins and donuts in the am. You can also get the mugs refilled there. YC has the same area, but I never saw it running since I wasn't there in the am.

Even with no food court there is no lack of food at Y&BC. We did eat at Beaches and Cream alot. You have easy acces to all the WS restrants, Boardwalk and even S&D if you want (havn't done that yet.) Last trip we ate at Big River Grille for the 1st time and really liked it. (reasonable prices for WDW and good food.) I have heard good things about the food at ESPN, but not being a sports fan havent' tried it yet.

We always eat at the ESPN Club at least once while we are there. They have fantastic food. It isn't specialties or anything. We go for the hot dogs. My kids have to split one, that's how big they are. The prices aren't incredibly terrible either. They have burgers, sandwiches, salads etc. Hope that helped a bit.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Stefffe
okay.....you guys know im new so this question wont look so silly...

what are "wishes"?

~stefffe~:veryconfu

Wishes are part of the add-on packages you can get from Disney, like the Silver add-on. You get 2 wishes per night per person. The wishes can be used to pay for Disney itms like restaurant meals, shows, tours, golf, other recreations. Most cost one wish, but some can cost two wishes like Coral Reef restaurant in Epcot.

Most people use them for food and tours. You must decide if they are "worth it" to you. As they can cost you about $36 a wish when you figure out the price. So using them low cost restaurant or for childrens meal would be wasting money.

For food, they will cover a normal meal incluinf tax and tip, but not alcohol.

If you eat expensivly at Disney, and do tours or golf, or other such expensive add-on, wishes can save you a bit of money, but they are more of a convienence than a money saver.

I, and a few others here have figured out the cost benifits after we've used them, and if you plan right, you will break even or save $50 or so.

But they are convienent.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom