Facts and stuff

Disneyowner182

Original Poster
Does any one know of anywebsites of "fun facts" of the universal parks IOA and US Fla or do you know any facts please tell me.

Thanks in advance:D

tenchu

I don't. Except that Disney had first refusal on dueling dragons. Pinched that from someone else on this site.

tenchu

Quote - Beastly Kingdom is not a rumor. Before the park opened, the Kingdom was planned for the location where Camp Minnie-Mickey is today. Beastly Kingdom would have included a Fantasia Section, a dueling rollercoaster called "Dueling Dragons", And a few other things. But Disney didn't have enough money at the time, so Disney refused the rollercoaster and it was then added to the late plans of Universal's Island's of Adventure. Camp Minnie-Mickey was built as a temp. land in place of Beastly Kingdom. The project has since been green-lighted, with a new name, and a new coaster. Details are still sketchy, but there are many plans. One of the rumors is Beastly Kingdom will be built along a new waterway, connecting the lodge to the park, but I haven't seen any proof yet, except in the orginal plans for the lodge, but they are so old, I don't really think they will still connect the two with a waterway, but Disney does suprise me sometimes. If you think about it, the thing Disney will most likely do now is Major Expansion of the parks, so attendance can be back up again, and the Hotels can bring in money, money, money. Mr. Eisner has confirmed that a new major land, complete with an E-ticket attraction, will be built at AK within the next 5 years. He has also confirmed that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is being built at DCA. Expansion of the company, is the key to surpassing AOL Time Warner right now, and that is what he is focusing on right now.

Beastly kingdom - news and rumours

markymark

Originally posted by tenchu
Quote - Beastly Kingdom is not a rumor. Before the park opened, the Kingdom was planned for the location where Camp Minnie-Mickey is today. Beastly Kingdom would have included a Fantasia Section, a dueling rollercoaster called "Dueling Dragons", And a few other things. But Disney didn't have enough money at the time, so Disney refused the rollercoaster and it was then added to the late plans of Universal's Island's of Adventure. Camp Minnie-Mickey was built as a temp. land in place of Beastly Kingdom. The project has since been green-lighted, with a new name, and a new coaster. Details are still sketchy, but there are many plans. One of the rumors is Beastly Kingdom will be built along a new waterway, connecting the lodge to the park, but I haven't seen any proof yet, except in the orginal plans for the lodge, but they are so old, I don't really think they will still connect the two with a waterway, but Disney does suprise me sometimes. If you think about it, the thing Disney will most likely do now is Major Expansion of the parks, so attendance can be back up again, and the Hotels can bring in money, money, money. Mr. Eisner has confirmed that a new major land, complete with an E-ticket attraction, will be built at AK within the next 5 years. He has also confirmed that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is being built at DCA. Expansion of the company, is the key to surpassing AOL Time Warner right now, and that is what he is focusing on right now.

Beastly kingdom - news and rumours

Thanks very much tenchu - saves me looking for it!

woofboy111

I don't think Universal would use the name "Dueling Dragons" for a roller coaster if Disney came up with it first. That would just lead to a lawsuit. I have heard that the original plans at AK to have a indoor, inverted coaster, with a large animatronic, firebreathing dragon that would attack the coaster. Because of IoA's ride, they decided not to make it inverted at this point.

RyanS

disney didn't come up with the name deuling dragons. the company that designed the roller coaster wanted to sell it to disney, but disney didn't have the money. this is why it's IOA.

tenchu

I don't think disney should put up an inverted coaster. The only one that i like is RnR but thats because you barely even notice when you go upside down on that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom