Facial recognition at SSE

ToTBellHop

or indifference, kinda like :shrug:
that's more like it..."meh" is similar to the term "whatever...". But, I realize "whatever" is used it different ways nowadays, so here is an example.

"Dude, let's go see a movie or something."
"Dude, my mom told me to mow the lawn today but I don't wanna...hmmm...whatever/meh. Let's go."

diddy_mouse

Hmm...I figured the Merfmobile would have a "Dreamfinder is my co-pilot" sticker, not to mention an "Ask me about EPCOT's 25th!"

:lol: :wave:

EpcotMark

I hate this thing. I don't want a bright flash in my face when Jeremy Irons or anyone starts the narration. I miss the old days of when we heard voices of those who have made major progress in communication during the ascent corridor when there was NO STUPID WARNING SCREENS there! Now we have to put up with not only them but also a big bright flash in my face at the top of the ascent corridor. BAD CALL IMAGINEERS!:fork:

Champion

I hate this thing. I don't want a bright flash in my face when Jeremy Irons or anyone starts the narration. I miss the old days of when we heard voices of those who have made major progress in communication during the ascent corridor when there was NO STUPID WARNING SCREENS there! Now we have to put up with not only them but also a big bright flash in my face at the top of the ascent corridor. BAD CALL IMAGINEERS!:fork:

The Imagineers had nothing to do with the warning signs.

That would be the lawyers.

ToTBellHop

The Imagineers had nothing to do with the warning signs.

That would be the lawyers.
I'm sure with the redo, they will come up with something more tasteful isn't so temporary-looking and tacky. I've always wondered why they couldn't just install the monitors in the queues. Safety videos as part of a preshow seem to appease the lawyers everywhere else.

Champion

I'm sure with the redo, they will come up with something more tasteful isn't so temporary-looking and tacky. I've always wondered why they couldn't just install the monitors in the queues. Safety videos as part of a preshow seem to appease the lawyers everywhere else.

If they are making major changes to the vehicles, the signs might not even be necessary any more.

TinkerBell9988

Sounds interesting. Confusing, but interesting.

Recognizing guests? This could be funny.

Merf considering running over to EPCOT to see post show... "To go, or not to go, that is the question."

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Eww - there's a blinding flash at the top of ascent?

Theme-wise I guess it makes the most sense because there's the lightning, but that's a LOT of flashes. I guess if anything it could set you up to be sort of blind for the hazy dark part directly ahead. Like a visual cleansing.

brkgnews

EPCOTMark, Have you actually been on the ride since this? (IE, have you seen said blinding flash, or are you just assuming that these are typical "bright flash" cameras without having been on there?) They could use infrared (like the video in the egyptian scene), or just a picture taken in a brighter section of the ride with a digital camera set to emulate high-speed film and a wide-open iris.

Either way, perhaps this is technology to "see yourself in your own version of the future"?

ToTBellHop

And the morons that think it is a good idea to hop out of the ride vehicle.
correction: the morons who think it's a good idea to throw their kids between Time Machine vehicles. That was one of my favorites...and I believe they had the audacity to sue Disney. And they probably got a lot of money. Which is why SSE will have over the shoulder restraints by winter.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
correction: the morons who think it's a good idea to throw their kids between Time Machine vehicles. That was one of my favorites...and I believe they had the audacity to sue Disney. And they probably got a lot of money. Which is why SSE will have over the shoulder restraints by winter.
I am personally voting for sound proof pods that the air can automatically be sucked out of if a camera flash goes off.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom