Face masks?

arich35

How comfy are they on the ears? The fabric looks really quite thick. Do they stretch enough to use an ear saver behind your head (or on a headband)? I fine with the masks I make, even using the 1/8” comfort elastic cam really irritate my ears. I may have to make some with tie straps like I wore in the OR for hours on end. No issues with that.

Oh, tip for those of you whose glasses dog up, there is some tape called microfoam tape (3M) that you can put across the bridge of your nose where you mask meets the skin (this is not a super tacky tape) and works great to keep glasses from fogging. Did this in the OR all the time.
View attachment 535737

Have you found good masks that don't go around your ears that are still comfortable to wear?

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Have you found good masks that don't go around your ears that are still comfortable to wear?
I've made some with ties that go around the neck and head. Although, if I make my masks with the 1/8" comfort elastic and leave it long, it actually feels ok for long hours if I put the silicone adjusters on it. It seems to pull the mask off the back of my ears just enough. I almost bought some of the Disney masks yesterday when I was at a Disney Outlet shop--they had the pack of 4 masks for $10! I may have to go back and get a pack before my trip 😷

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Do you know if it works well with glasses? The masks I've tried all fog up our glasses.

No.. I have yet to find one that does.

Unfortunately the only masks I have managed to wear that don’t fog up glasses are the disposable surgical masks. I tried a variety of reusable ones, but never found one that has a “strong enough” nose wire, and although I don’t like the idea of the additional trash disposable masks make, I need to be able to see!

Upvote 0

carriebeth

How many layers are those? The product description contradicts itself:

- Soft single layer fabric feels smooth against skin
- Single Ply Fabric consists of a 3 layer structure - a top and bottom layer of high-density, very fine performance fabric, knit together by a connecting layer of yarn.

I'm not sure how it can be "single layer" and "single ply" but also "3 layer structure."
So it’s 3 plys or 3 single layers of fabric that are then constructed into a single layer in the edges so it works together as a single piece. They are trying to say you don’t have to worry about layers that will separate or shift apart from each other or have to be put on separately.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

FWIW, most people have probably already seen these, but if you haven't, as a casual alternative to ear savers, Walmart and other retailers are now selling baseball caps, headbands and sun visors with snap straps or buttons near the ear that you can hook your mask loops around to give your ears a break. (I DIY'd my own simply by sewing small buttons to a baseball cap I already owned.) If you don't want to alter your favorite headgear, I even saw that Amazon was selling removable clip-on "buttons" that you could place on your hat temporarily (and then remove someday if and when masks are no longer habitually worn).

Example here:

1614993394041.jpeg

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I’m DIYing my Minnie ear headbands with some elastic and buttons that can be slipped on and off so o can hook my mask onto my “ears”. Also making an ear saving from elastic with buttons that goes behind head so I don’t have to always wear headgear. Ugh—will be glad when we hopefully no longer need things like this!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom