Face Coverings

mpostak

We are scheduled to come to Disney World at the end of July and I apologize if this topic is addressed somewhere else on the site. As the CM and AP previews occur, can we get feedback as to what type of masks tend to be more comfortable. In particular, I have been using neck gaiters but these would fail Disney requirements about masks having to have ties and/or ear loops. Are they permitting neck gaiters without ear loops or do I need to make more purchases before the trip. Thank you in advance.

DisDadWoz

Our understanding from our trip last week is that they are not allowing neck gaiters. You would need to purchase masks with ear loops (or ties).

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
From my understanding you need ear loops or ties no exceptions.
A youtuber cut ear holes into his and we'll see if Disney allowed it. (He said he'd bring another mask as a back up)
Personally I purchased a neck gaiter that has ear loops already so I'm guessing THAT would be ok.

Upvote 0

macefamily

My wife purchased the cooling neck gators that you could soak in water for our trip next week. We just found out yesterday that the masks must attach to your ears. I'm not a big fan of the heat. Pair that with a hot mask and I'm guaranteed to be miserable. I guess I need to keep the mindset that I'll be at the happiest place on Earth.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

We bought a ton of cloth type masks on etsy. Disney themed of course, and very comfortable, Weve been practicing outside in Middle TN moist oven heat.

Upvote 0

Ghostdog

I recently purchased some masks at Old Navy and they, by far, are the best I’ve com across; comfortable and soft. They sell them in stores 5 for $12.50 or you can order an assortment of colors online. They even have a 10 pack for $25.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Disney updates mask policy to exclude neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas

Well looks like I am not going back until the mask requirement is lifted then. My one layer neck gaiter with ear loops is the only mask that does not migrate into my eye balls and does not fog my glasses impairing my already impaired vision.
It's very depressing because Disney is always on my mind.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom