Fabian?

enough

I'll be at WDW sept 13th and I'm a little worried about Fabian... anyone know what the current status is? Does it look like by the 13th it'll have passed?

anyone else going around this time a little nervous? It will be my GF's first trip to WDW and I would hate for it to be a washout...

mccaulej

I heard on the radio this morning that the national hurricane center is saying that IF it makes landfall, it probably won't hit here is in Florida. Rather, it would hit somewhere in the mid-atlantic states. They also stated that they were expecting it to begin to move faster and IF it makes landfall, it would be closer to this weekend rather than when you would be here.

But, you know how unpredictable these things are:lookaroun

Upvote 0

enough

Original Poster
well... although I do know how things can change abruptly, that is better news than I expected. I just hope the Disney gods shine down on me and make my trip a good one weather wise :)

Upvote 0

abu21

I'll be at WDW in 4 short days and was pretty worried about Fabian ... but while watching the Weather Channel last night the latest update showed that Fabian will turn, catching the jet stream, and follow the eastern coast. If all goes as the update stated then by Saturday the hurricane will be well up the eastern coast line and hopefully well away from the Flordia coast. And if not, then bring it on Fabian, nothing can ruin this years get away to WDW!!

Who knows though... the weather is always so unpredictable. Let's just hope for the best.

Upvote 0
Two years ago my daughter and her family were at WDW during a hurricane in Florida. They had no effect except a little rain one day and a lot of clouds. The animials at AK were the best viewing ever. The lines were very short and all rides open. Disney offered them to stay longer at a very reasonable rate as many scheduled to come in either didn't come or else some flights were cancelled. The kids had a great time and thought it was one of their best trips. So who knows, maybe if by chance, Fabian does hit Florida, it may be your best trip yet also.

Upvote 0

kbmb

If your in Florida....no need to worry.
If your in Bermuda....worry.

From the National Hurricane Center:

AL1003W5+GIF

-k

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom