F.l.i.k.?

RonR3

Original Poster
I read the WDW is implementing a new more accurate FastPass system called F.L.I.K. Anyone have details about it? I am also curious what the F.L.I.K. actually stands for. Any answers would be gretaly appreciated. Thanks.

tenchu

Originally posted by RonR3
I read the WDW is implementing a new more accurate FastPass system called F.L.I.K. Anyone have details about it? I am also curious what the F.L.I.K. actually stands for. Any answers would be gretaly appreciated. Thanks.

The way i heard it was that it was a more accurate way of estimating wait times.

Not sure what the FLIK stands for.

WDW1971

That finally explains the white cards that my wife and I were given on a few rides. I can't remember all of them, but I know we did it on Peter Pan's flight. I couldn't understand what the heck it was. I kept seeing them scan the card.

Mystery solved!!!

Sherm00

I hope they don't change fastpass much. I like it the way it is. So much easier to schedule things as you go, and alot easier to use. unlike it's counterpart in universal studios, that was hard to use and that the passes ran out long before you get to the other end of the park. see we like to go from one end around and end up on the other side of the park. in disney, we can get a fastpass for one ride stand in line for another after that ride go get another fast pass, ride our 1st fastpass ride then shop and relax get another fastpass then go ride our second fastpass ride, easy to use, simple and not alot of thinking required to use it. now universal studios, you can choose your time, too many options on the screen, requires thinking, 1 bunch of machines for 2 or 3 rides, long lines at the express pass machines, and by the time you work your way around the park there are no more fastpasses left on the that end. I like planning the day but I don't like planning what we are going to do at every single second at every single moment, and thats what you need to do to use universals expresspass. Disney's fastpass is the best, universal needs to take lessons.

Fastpas1

what does F.L.I.K Stand For?

Hope you're sitting down for this.....

F - Faboulous
L - Line
I - Information
K - Keeper

Don't believe me? Go ask some of the more knowledgable Cast. I thought some one was joking tell I found out they were serious. At least we know some one at Disney loves to have fun at their job!

BRER STITCH

Re: what does F.L.I.K Stand For?

Originally posted by Fastpas1

F - Faboulous
L - Line
I - Information
K - Keeper

Don't believe me? Go ask some of the more knowledgable Cast. I thought some one was joking tell I found out they were serious. At least we know some one at Disney loves to have fun at their job!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats cool. I still like my earlier expalantion better:

Faster Lines In the Kingdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
*in my average male Disney CM voice... not my own!*

it's FABULICIOUS!!!

Kenan

Re: what does F.L.I.K Stand For?

Originally posted by Fastpas1

F - Faboulous
L - Line
I - Information
K - Keeper

I did ask a Cast Member at Test Track but they did not know what it stood for. hmm.... But thats good to know anyways... The CM did mention that it keeps a wait time also. Dont know if that was already mentioned, but I thought I'd give a heads up.
BTW, I call it Heimlik (hehe)

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by RonR3

Hey!
I have heard of it and I know what it is about. I am still not sure what it stands for but I know the process. It is suppose to make the regular wait "time" more acurate. It is being installed on the new Tower of Terror 4. Like in the TOT situation, a Cast Member will be just a "guest" to the attraction( or at least act like one) and have a stop watch. He will start it when he first arrives in the line and will stop it when he gets to the boarding of the elevator. Then the Cast member who is working the elevator duty will phone the Cast member who is working outside checking for height and fast pass tickets. That CM will then put how long it took the "guest" to get to the entrance of the ride. And they said they are going to do it about every 10 minutes or so to make sure it stays accurate. This is to the best of my knowledge. Thanks! ºoº

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom