Extra Magic Hours

AZWILDCATS

I will be staying off site during presidents day weekend, and have a dinner reservation for 8:45 at Tokyo Dining in epcot on one night of our stay. By the time we finish dinner it will be well past 9:00 on a extra magic hours night.

Does anyone know if you can still stop in the shops on the way out, or do we need to pick up anything we may want to buy before dinner.

Any help would be appreciated.

scottnj1966

Most shops are closed at regular closing time.

Even if the store is open they sometimes restrict the areas people without wristbands can go.

Do be safe stop at the store first.
You can always go to downtown Disney and buy just about anything.

Upvote 0

AZWILDCATS

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses.

They really are alot more helpfull then the Disney site, which does not go into all the details of extra magic hours.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Just to add a personal experience...

Last summer, my wife and I were staying off-site, and ate dinner at Epcot on EMH night at Coral Reef. We finished dinner around 10 or so, and then walked all around the World Showcase Lagoon during EMH. We went in and out of stores, people-watched, and generally found it to be a very relaxing (except for surprise giant fireball from the illuminations burnoff) way to end the night, even though we couldn't ride anything or go into any of the FW pavilions.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Thanks for the responses.

They really are alot more helpfull then the Disney site, which does not go into all the details of extra magic hours.

Remember Extra Magic Hours are for Disney Resort Guests.
They are trying to limit regular guests in many of the areas.
It is one of the best benefits of staying onsite.

When it was called E-Ride nights the park would close for an hour to clear it out (well for the most part) then reopen for the hotel guests (plus 12 bucks) and it was only at the MK at night.

Upvote 0

BillyBuff

Would they re-admit resort guests into the parks during EMH? For example, I'll head back to the Polynesian for dinner and then head back MK 30 minutes after it closes?

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Yes, you can enter the park almost up to closing time.
To clarify, yes you can enter a park even after the public closing time. In other words, if Epcot closes to the public at 9:00 p.m. but has EMH until midnight, you could enter Epcot at 11:30 p.m. if you really wanted to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom