Extra Magic Hour at MGM

WDWCMAmanda

The park generally stays open 3 hours after the scheduled closing time.
I love EMH, when I'm able to do it cause cast members can't;o(
Generally at MGM, RnR, Tot, Star Tours and Great Movie are open...
Some of the shows run a little later as well

Alztybrn

MGM is always one EMH (evening) I tried to avoid. There is just not enough for people to do. Everybody wants to ride RNRC and Tower, it just does not seem like I am getting the most for my time. I would much rather be at MGM in the early morning, you can ride more often with much less waits.

NTI2002

MGM has the worst EMH because there simply isn't enough to do. The Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror lines triple during that time. and I don't need to stay later to ride star tours or the great movie ride. my advice, skip it get a good night's rest and wake up early for teh morning EMH at another park. Especially if it's Animal Kingdom

vandykefamily

Original Poster
Thats interesting...

How is Fantasmic on that night?

Regarding the early magic hour at AK, Is it worth going to? We are planning on it but I read yesterday in the Unofficial guide that you dont save much by going to it.

shoppingnut

Thats interesting...

How is Fantasmic on that night?

Regarding the early magic hour at AK, Is it worth going to? We are planning on it but I read yesterday in the Unofficial guide that you dont save much by going to it.

The big plus about AK during the early magic hour is the Safari ride and the fact that the animals are more active in the earlier, cooler hours of the day. Also that would be the time to hit expedition everest.

jjgoo

I would take advantage of the morning EMH at Animal Kindom because it is the park with the shortest hours. Like shoppingnut said it is good to get on the Safari first thing and then you can at the very least get some park exploring out of the way.

Mr.Stitch

EMH is worth it...

I've found that evening EMH hours at MGM are worth! Just make sure you try and do most of the stuff that will be closed during the evening EMH hours or yes you will find that there is nothing to do. I found the wait times very reasonable - especially in the 2nd or 3rd hours of EMH. It also depends upon the time of year you go - we usually go in the offseason (Jan/Sept) so it usually isn't as busy anyway.

Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom is good. We did it last Sept & it wasn't very busy at all - again make sure you do the attractions in the day that will be closed in the evening. If not you may find not alo to do that you haven't already done. Most shows at MGM & AK are extended too. I'd say that MGM has more to do than AK in the eve EMH.

I notice afew people saying that evening EMH aren't worth it - I never encountered problems -but I also think it is also depends upon the time of year you visit. Of course July is a lot busier than say.. January, so EMH is definately worthit in Jan due low crowd levels and "iffy" weather.

Leaving in 11 days can't wait... I'm interested in seeing how busy it is in the first week of October/end of Sept - never been at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom