Extra Hours for Deluxe Guests

Jeff4272

Why is it that WDW has only added Magic Kingdom and Epcot to extra hours for deluxe guests? They just added more dates in November and still no Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom?

Is there any reason why it's only twice a week and only 2 parks?

Worldlover71

Has anyone experienced one of these deluxe resort extra hours nights? I'm wondering about crowd levels and wait times. I went to an after hours event night at AK a few years ago and really loved the extremely low capacity. Does anyone know how they compare?

Upvote 0

JohnnyDVoices

Looks like the Epcot Mondays and MK Wednesdays might be changing. The calendar shows MK Monday towards the end of Feb (which is as far as the calendars go today)

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

Just read a review of someone who went in October and and you could just walk on the rides at MK. Said it was much better than after hours.
What rides in the MK were walk-on? I was there for a week in early October and the majority of rides were definitely not walk-on, not even close.

Upvote 0

RoadiJeff

Last week of October Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates, Peter Pan, Small World, and Space Mtn. were all walk ons.
Was that the first 1/2 hour of the day, right after rope drop for resort guests or perhaps after the fireworks show when most people are heading for the exits? I cannot believe that was the norm throughout the day. My Oct. 8-15 visit wasn't much before that week and the lines were pretty long. I just read a post in another thread about the long standby lines during his trip in late October.

For a true walk-on experience for much of the day, or at least very little wait, I visited WDW in September, 2020. That was during the height of the pandemic when airlines had everyone separated by an empty seat, Disney had the 6 ft social distancing marks in the standby lines (and people were using them) and masks were required everywhere in the parks. The small crowds reminded me of the good old days back in the 70s.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Was that the first 1/2 hour of the day, right after rope drop for resort guests or perhaps after the fireworks show when most people are heading for the exits? I cannot believe that was the norm throughout the day. My Oct. 8-15 visit wasn't much before that week and the lines were pretty long. I just read a post in another thread about the long standby lines during his trip in late October.

For a true walk-on experience for much of the day, or at least very little wait, I visited WDW in September, 2020. That was during the height of the pandemic when airlines had everyone separated by an empty seat, Disney had the 6 ft social distancing marks in the standby lines (and people were using them) and masks were required everywhere in the parks. The small crowds reminded me of the good old days back in the 70s.
This thread is about Extra Evening Hours for Deluxe Resort Guests, not early entry. Twice a week (currently Epcot on Mondays, MK on Wednesdays) the park is open for two hours past closing time for guests staying at a Deluxe resort/DVC villa.

I attended Extra Hours at MK from 9-11 pm on 10/27 and everything was a walk on.

I also visited WDW days after the parks reopened in July 2020 and it was a ghost town. A once in a lifetime experience for sure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom