Extra FP+ question

LittleJMouse

Original Poster
I go to Disney once a year and keep up with all the updated info. This Sept. will be my first trip w/ magic bands and FP+. Based on info I have read it seems you can now get extra fast passes in parks after your first three are up (As long as you are in the park you are getting extra passes for).

My question is how easy has it been to do this? Are there long lines at the kiosks? Is it possible to get extra passes for good rides (like can I go to HS in the morning use fast passes till noon and then hop to epcot and get a pass for Fast Track or Soarin)?

I realize many have been trying this new system in the busy summer and the first week of September will see much smaller crowds. Just curious about others experiences. (Also, I am sorry if this has been posted before)

Thank you

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The few times I have done it have been pretty easy. Every line I have gotten in has been about 20 people deep and has never taken more than a few minutes.

FrostyNaples

In early June, parks were moderate to heavy in capacity, never waited more than 5 min at the kiosk line. They have the fixed stations, as well as CM's standing around them with iPads doing the same thing. They make quick work of the whole scenario.

Dwarful

If the CMs let you use the kiosks on your own....use your fingernail to do the tapping NOT the pad of your fingertip. We were there May 31 - June 8. The only kiosk that gave me a headache was the one in MK between Frontierland / Adventureland in that hallway by the restrooms and next to the gift shops....it was a major jam up every time we went by that way and the one time I used it I waited much longer than the typical 5 minutes.

I don't know how it will be in Sept. But we were able to use about 12 or more FPs in MK, but those were long days. We also used the FPs for things that never normally had or needed FPs. We didn't have luck getting Soarin' or TT later in the day on days we hopped from AK or HS. MK for us anyway seemed to be the park we could still get some bang out of the additional FP.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm glad to see a thread about this pop up. I am extremely happy that I can get more than 3 FP+ each day now. Back in February my sister and I were very frustrated about being limited to just 3 since we would often be done with all 3 of our FP+ by lunchtime. When it was announced that we could now get extras we were excited...and then immediately disappointed when we found out those FPs could only be booked through a kiosk. The entire time we were there in February we kept noticing how chaotic each kiosk looked and were thankful we could do everything through the android app. This thread makes it seem as though they've gotten the kiosk situation under control. It gives us some peace of mind since we will undoubtedly be visiting them every day to get extra FPs. One question though, once your initial 3 FPs are used, how many extras can you hold at a time?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
only one more at a time. Sometimes the kiosks are crazy other times they aren't bad.
I guess we will use the ol' FP runner approach. One person is designated FP getter and everyone else does some quick attraction and meets up with everyone else after. Back in February every single kiosk we passed had a crazy line, people having meltdowns, and a ton of CMs trying to keep the peace. We were extremely thankful we never had to actually visit one.

Rob562

I guess we will use the ol' FP runner approach. One person is designated FP getter and everyone else does some quick attraction and meets up with everyone else after. Back in February every single kiosk we passed had a crazy line, people having meltdowns, and a ton of CMs trying to keep the peace. We were extremely thankful we never had to actually visit one.

If my recollection of the FP+ rollout timeline is correct, that was probably during the time where non-resort Guests had to use the kiosks to make all of their FP+ choices. They didn't have access to them through the app. That's why the kiosks were so crazy. Once everyone had access to the app, the kiosks settled down considerably.

-Rob

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If my recollection of the FP+ rollout timeline is correct, that was probably during the time where non-resort Guests had to use the kiosks to make all of their FP+ choices. They didn't have access to them through the app. That's why the kiosks were so crazy. Once everyone had access to the app, the kiosks settled down considerably.

-Rob
That is indeed correct. I was hoping the app being rolled out to everyone would help ease the chaos. We'll find out soon enough. 12 days and counting...

mickeysbrother

Glad to hear at least after the first 3 uses i can hop from park to park and still get a fast pass. Slowly but surely disney your understanding :)

007mickey

I'll add this here instead of starting another thread. The scenario: say I'm going to go to EPCOT first thing and then head over to the Studios one day. I would like to get FP's for TT & SSE but plan on leaving for the Studios after a little shopping. I would then like to get an additional FP for say ToT at the Studios. Will Disney and MDE require me to get 3 FP for EPCOT? I hate to get 3 when I may only want 2 but is using all 3 the only way to secure additional FP's? Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob562

I'll add this here instead of starting another thread. The scenario: say I'm going to go to EPCOT first thing and then head over to the Studios one day. I would like to get FP's for TT & SSE but plan on leaving for the Studios after a little shopping. I would then like to get an additional FP for say ToT at the Studios. Will Disney and MDE require me to get 3 FP for EPCOT? I hate to get 3 when I may only want 2 but is using all 3 the only way to secure additional FP's? Thanks in advance for the help.

You'll have to make three, but you actually only have to use one and let the remaining ones expire (or use two and let one expire) before you get access to the rolling 4th one. So if you make your third one immediately after your first two, it should self-expire by the time you get to the Studios.

-Rob

007mickey

You'll have to make three, but you actually only have to use one and let the remaining ones expire (or use two and let one expire) before you get access to the rolling 4th one. So if you make your third one immediately after your first two, it should self-expire by the time you get to the Studios.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, just seems silly/wasteful to "take up" a spot for a FP you don't intend to use.

the-reason14

I'll add another example. Say I want my 3 fastpasses to be at MK, and I pick 3 rides to ride at the MK. If I book all my times in the afternoon, can I go to another park first and ride some rides at rope drop then go over to MK to use my fastpasses, or is the park I pick the 3 for the ones I have to visit first?

I can't find the answer to my question so Ill throw it out here.

Once you use your first 3 fast passes and say you are in AK, will I be able to pick a fastpass+ for any park or am I limited to the park I am in (AK in this case).

Anybody?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I can't find the answer to my question so Ill throw it out here.

Once you use your first 3 fast passes and say you are in AK, will I be able to pick a fastpass+ for any park or am I limited to the park I am in (AK in this case).

Anybody?
As far as I understand it, your extra fp+ can only be reserved from the park you are physically standing in. This is probably a limitation of the kiosks since the extra fp can't be booked from the mobile app yet. It's a little frustrating for us because we park hop every day. Most days we tried to book our advanced fp+ for as early as possible so they will be used or expired by the time we land in another Park. The current plan is while enroute to a different Park to designate a fp+ runner to hit a kiosk immediately and get our extra fp reserved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom