News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

eliza61nyc

I refuse to set foot outside my home on Black Friday - people lose their stinking minds. It brings to mind The Running of the Brides that Filene's Basement in Boston used to do...hair pulling, pushing, shoving, trampling...it's all so uncalled for and unnecessary, but these companies keep creating these types of situations simply to make a buck.
OT: I remember reading an article in consumer reports saying that BF isn't even the best deals. Go figure. Im with you, don't do it.

Back to Disney, I can't wait to see the pictures but I'm staying in any other Galaxy far far away. Lol at least until 2020

scottieRoss

Thinking back romantically of the old days when rope drop really meant a rope drop. The Castmembers held you at Town Square with a rope across Main Street. The music would play, they dropped the rope to the ground and it was a madcap dash (Pushing and shoving was not only allowed, it was scored) to Space Mountain

mikejs78

Premium Member
The rumor was demise of EVENING EMH. Very few thought morning would go away. In fact many of us talked about them doing exactly this ;) And I'm glad they are. Only a few posters go to the extremes, stop putting all of us in the negative nelly corner. You didn't need to be petty in your "WELL IT WAS PREMATURE" ... just saying. You're happy about the extra hours and that's all you needed to say.
To be fair, if you go look at the thread in question, you'll see a lot of doom and gloom - only a matter of time for morning hours, Disney keeps reducing hours, in favor of upcharges, etc.... It wasn't you, but there were more than a few.

Jambo Joe

I won't hold my breath waiting for all of the people who constantly cry about Disney cutting hours to come eat crow.
C’mon that’s ridiculous. It’s a short term response to the opening of Galaxy’s Edge. Frankly they haven’t found a model to monetize that time of the day yet as a separate charge. And before you say anything - I am a Disney fan and I have never commented on this topic before.

peter11435

C’mon that’s ridiculous. It’s a short term response to the opening of Galaxy’s Edge. Frankly they haven’t found a model to monetize that time of the day yet as a separate charge. And before you say anything - I am a Disney fan and I have never commented on this topic before.
They actually already have found ways to monetize the pre opening hours. MK has been been doing it for some time now.

I am Timmy

So, the end date given is Nov. 2. Are they seeing how this goes before making a decision past this date? I would love for it to go through Dec., if it needs it. I think it probably will.

cosmicgirl

So, the end date given is Nov. 2. Are they seeing how this goes before making a decision past this date? I would love for it to go through Dec., if it needs it. I think it probably will.
Maybe it's related to the Wine & Dine half marathon on Nov 3rd? I've just taken a look and the course went through some of DHS the past two years (and maybe longer). I've never been in WDW when a RunDisney event was taking place so I don't know how much of an impact it has on traffic.
Other than that I would agree that it's an odd date to stop the EEMH, especially with Jersey week, Remembrance Day, Thanksgiving, and at some point RotR around the corner.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They've been doing a version of this for years. They did it for Avatar, they did it for Toy Story Land, and now they're doing it for Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom