News Extra Extra Magic Hours This Fall

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
DHS will opens at 6AM this fall for resort guests starting Sept. 1st.. MK and AK at 7AM for resort guests starting August 29th.

From the Parks Blog:

The Extra, Extra Magic Hours benefit will include Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, as well as other experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom theme parks. Here’s the rundown:
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m.,including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.
(Please note that on Aug. 29-31, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 6 a.m. for all guests. There will not be Extra, Extra Magic Hours on those days.)
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring Pandora – The World of Avatar and other attractions throughout the park (same as today’s morning Extra Magic Hours offerings).
  • Magic Kingdom Park —Extra, Extra Magic Hours will happen daily from Aug. 29-Nov. 2, from 7-8 a.m., featuring favorite attractions in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (same as today’s morning EMH offerings).
Extra Magic Hours will also continue to be available on select days at Epcot.

ImperfectPixie

Still waiting to see if June will have more hours added gah
I could be wrong, but it feels a little early still? In my head, if they're going to add more EMH, it will be about 2 weeks out. (At least that's what my memory says happens every time we have a trip in the works.)

Touchdown

Oof 6 am openings at DHS, 7 am openings at MK and AK. I much prefer more evening hours but it beats having a required reservation. Still waiting on DL to announce what they are doing post June 23 for onsite guests.

LuvWDW2

I’ll say it. I wish it was PM EMH at DHS instead of AM. But I’m glad it’s 3 hours early. Hopefully that discourages some from attempting. And that’s a BIG jump on heat (we’ll be there opening weekend).

For the person waiting for the June hours update, if history is an indication, that should happen this Friday (5/10).

Driver

I’m hoping it’s not crazy at 6 am
From my perspective ( on a daily basis) there are a number of guest that respond to EMH in the mornings. But on average the que lines for busses don't start getting busy till 9 ish. Of course there are exceptions, I'm saying on average. I can't tell you how many times we drive around with an empty bus then all of a sudden slam , here they come!!!! I often have opportunities to be in the park early ( before guest) it's a unique experience! It is not a barren place as some may think. Depending on the time it can be quite busy, sometimes with normal opening preparations or something special that has to be done without out guests.

ImperfectPixie

This is amazing!!! I am not a Star Wars fan at all but I’d love to be there this fall for these extra magic hours!! We are planning for January 2020 so hopefully crowds have settled a bit by then.
We were thinking of trying to sneak in a trip before Galaxy's Edge opens, but the grounding of the 737 Max jets and subsequent ridiculous flight prices put the kibosh on that. I'm going to be watching crowd levels like a hawk for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom