Extra Disney Magic that made your day

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I kind of feel bad for putting a topic on this website previously that was rather depressing and didn't fair well for other people with bringing up past experiences that weren't good for them. (And I again apologize for that you guys. :()

So, I decided to post this one to hopefully lighten things up a little bit.

It is truly something else to get that extra Disney magic coming your way regardless of your age.

Here's my most recent story:
We were eating at Akershus and the princesses were making their way around the room. I was tired and kind of in a sour mood until all of the sudden my favorite Disney princess came by our table. Jasmine. She grabbed my hand that has my wedding ring set on it and came up with this wonderful story of how my 'Aladdin' went into the Cave of Wonders to retrieve this wonderful jewel.

That seriously made me enjoy the rest of the meal and definitely made my day.

Do you have any special stories like this? :)

Maddie Terwilliger

I kind of feel bad for putting a topic on this website previously that was rather depressing and didn't fair well for other people with bringing up past experiences that weren't good for them. (And I again apologize for that you guys. :()

So, I decided to post this one to hopefully lighten things up a little bit.

It is truly something else to get that extra Disney magic coming your way regardless of your age.

Here's my most recent story:
We were eating at Akershus and the princesses were making their way around the room. I was tired and kind of in a sour mood until all of the sudden my favorite Disney princess came by our table. Jasmine. She grabbed my hand that has my wedding ring set on it and came up with this wonderful story of how my 'Aladdin' went into the Cave of Wonders to retrieve this wonderful jewel.

That seriously made me enjoy the rest of the meal and definitely made my day.

Do you have any special stories like this? :)
What a special story!! I love that!!!

I remember one time when I was little my family and i (I am an only child) went on a huge Disney Vacation, spent the whole week there. I was about maybe 5 or so and the Princesses were walking by and saw me (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty) I was dressed up as a princess and so they came up and danced with me! It was a super sweet moment for me. Later that day I saw the same Cinderella again near the castle and she saw me and stopped and said, "Hello! It's you again!" It was super magical.:cat:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
What a special story!! I love that!!!

I remember one time when I was little my family and i (I am an only child) went on a huge Disney Vacation, spent the whole week there. I was about maybe 5 or so and the Princesses were walking by and saw me (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty) I was dressed up as a princess and so they came up and danced with me! It was a super sweet moment for me. Later that day I saw the same Cinderella again near the castle and she saw me and stopped and said, "Hello! It's you again!" It was super magical.:cat:
:inlove:

Bender123

The events in my picture happened this past July...

My new fiancé loves two things that are Disney, more than anything else. She loves Beaker/Bunson Honeydew and Mary Poppins.

When one of the cast member "assistants" at Muppet Mobile Labs saw the engagement button, he brought her out and got to do a quiet meetup with the Lab staff inside the Innoventions doors they go into. A few days later, we saw Mary Poppins in the UK and it was the same handler. He asked us to wait up for a few minutes and we got about 10 minutes with Mary. He remembered us and, by pure luck, there he was!

It was so amazing for all of us!

MichRX7

Premium Member
I have two, and both still choke me up when I think of them.

One is my niece, who all she wanted was a Little Mermaid doll that my brother-in-law had helped her purchase about 30 minutes before we rode BTMRR during MNSSHP. About 10 minutes later as we were getting a spot for that night's parade she realized she left her halloween candy and, of course, her Ariel doll. That water works started immediately as she was completely heart broken as that is all she had talked about leading up to the trip, getting an Ariel doll. She had even saved her own money to buy it from allowance at seven years old. Well, her Dad faithfully strode her through the parade crowds back to BTMRR, and of course it was not found. As they exited the ride area a manager walked up and said to her that no young princess should ever cry at the Magic Kingdom and asked what was wrong. On the spot after hearing her story he whipped out a notepad and began writing, walked her over to a candy area and filled up a huge bag, handed her the note and said, "Young lady, you walk into any store in this park and get yourself a new and better Arial doll on Disney." Needless to say, she has cherished that doll for years. Talk about a way to get a family to return many, many, many times since. I'm sure our families have repaid for that doll 100s of times over since that trip 10 years ago.

The other story is my oldest granddaughter, who we took for her first trip when she was 3 1/2 years old, yep 15 years ago. We had told her we would try and get her breakfast in the castle with the princesses, but explained that there was no guarantee we would get it. Her and her grandmother meticulously counted back 90 days from the day we would arrive and marked it on the calendar. On that day they started dialing the dining line at 9am and when they got through the Disney rep informed them the policy had been changed back to 180 days and there was nothing available the week we would be there. My wife promptly booked Akershus as a backup, but you could tell while trying to explain to her what had happened her little heart was broken. I promptly called Disney 1-2 times a week and send Customer Service what I considered a very polite email explaining the situation and how letdown that even though we had booked our stay a year out, we weren't informed of the changes to the dining reservation policy for the castle. I was rejected so many times over the next 89 days that I would casually joke with the Disney rep to just tell me nothing was available. On day 89 I called and cracked my same joke and after confirming that nothing was available I asked the rep to just confirm our Akershus reservation when the voice on the other line said, Mr. Ewles, I'm not sure why you are trying to book the castle a 2nd time. I show your reservation for 8am this Wednesday for 4 inside the castle. I almost dropped the phone, had her give me the confirmation number, thanked her, called back and verified the number again. That morning my Granddaughter was up before dawn, waking her grandmother up to get her in her best princess outfit for breakfast. Grandma didn't go with us as her youngest uncle and brother (both 2 y/olds) at the time wouldn't get up, but the joy in her eyes as we entered the empty park that morning, the jaw drop as we rounded into the dining area and she saw all the princesses, and the running leap into Grandmas arms after breakfast is my greatest memory of 100s of trips to the Magic.

Sonconato

We had to wait for 38 Special outside in a torrential rain storm yesterday during the Eat to the Beat concert series. Two cast members were stuck out there too without any umbrellas, so they made the best of it and had some fun. I was miserable being so wet, but they made it more enjoyable.

bethymouse

At 1900 Park Fare, my 77 year old Mom was asked to waltz with Prince Charming.:happy: The cast members cried even, since my Mom is very frail and can barely move ( mostly wheelchair bound). But, she got up out of her seat to dance with him!:joyfull: The cast members at 1900 Park Fare treated my Mom like a queen! I will never forget it!

Also, the new iCan robot in Tomorrowland also asked my Mom to dance. She was in a scooter, but they managed to draw a crowd!:D

IanDLBZF

Recently during the Move It Shake It Parade, on August 15, 2017, I had the lucky chance of having PhotoPass capturing photos of Nick Wilde giving me a big hug. The story goes like this:
I attempted the same experiment that I did back in May with the same Move It Shake It performance on August 15, 2017. However, I had a pin with Judy Hopps on it too, and wore a pair of fox ears during the show. However, since this time they were two floats short for some reason, only Nick Wilde came down. Guess what happened? I saw him hug this lucky girl first, after coming down, then I go into the street with everyone else, then he came up to me and gave me a big hug! PhotoPass was on hand as well, taking photos of him hugging me! Nick must've been happy to see me! After the hug, I was approached by a PhotoPass photographer who said to me, "Hi sir, scan your MagicBand for me please." which I did.
HMJjlJL.jpg

BwfOBqv.jpg

2ZInzFn.jpg

Js672Bm.jpg

uFWoXL7.jpg

Judy on the other hand was pointing me out, waving, saluting and blowing tons of kisses to me, even though she did not come down. Proves right there that the magic can happen to anyone no matter what your age, especially with the characters.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I just remembered another one that happened this past May trip.

We were in DHS, and by this time, my cold/flu/sinus had intensely flared I'd guess you'd say. I had to pretty much find cold areas in the parks and just sit.
My fever had gone up and I was getting exhausted and weak, felt absolutely horrible.

While sitting and trying to feel better (because let's face it - it ultimately sucks to be sick at Disney World), we were in the Launch Bay for Star Wars. I was taking pictures and videos of the Star Wars model ships and costume displays...and in walked two Storm Troopers!

Even though I remained sitting, I started to take pictures of them and then one of the troopers walked up to me and put his hand on my phone and lowered my hand and phone.

Guys, even though I was feeling absolutely horrible from the sickness, that gesture made me happy and somewhat giddy because they are Storm Troopers! How awesome is that!

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
On my first ever Disney Cruise aboard the Wonder this past April for my 25th birthday, we were having dinner at Triton's. Unbeknownst to me, one of my friends had mentioned to our waiter the night before it was my birthday soon. When they brought out the dessert, an entourage came out, sang happy birthday to me, and gave me some extra chocolate on my treat. Basically every single second of that 3 day cruise was 'extra Disney magic'
17991065_10210687716063128_8869284649913499251_n.jpg
Man that looks delicious!

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Recently during the Move It Shake It Parade, on August 15, 2017, I had the lucky chance of having PhotoPass capturing photos of Nick Wilde giving me a big hug. The story goes like this:
I attempted the same experiment that I did back in May with the same Move It Shake It performance on August 15, 2017. However, I had a pin with Judy Hopps on it too, and wore a pair of fox ears during the show. However, since this time they were two floats short for some reason, only Nick Wilde came down. Guess what happened? I saw him hug this lucky girl first, after coming down, then I go into the street with everyone else, then he came up to me and gave me a big hug! PhotoPass was on hand as well, taking photos of him hugging me! Nick must've been happy to see me! After the hug, I was approached by a PhotoPass photographer who said to me, "Hi sir, scan your MagicBand for me please." which I did.
HMJjlJL.jpg

BwfOBqv.jpg

2ZInzFn.jpg

Js672Bm.jpg

uFWoXL7.jpg

Judy on the other hand was pointing me out, waving, saluting and blowing tons of kisses to me, even though she did not come down. Proves right there that the magic can happen to anyone no matter what your age, especially with the characters.
Love love love your pictures!!!!:inlove::inlove::inlove: So sweet!

EOD K9

Last year the wife, daughters and I were in MK for one day after being on the Disney Magic. We were stuck under the awning of Storybook Treats during a torrential downpour. I picked one of my daughters up as she was upset and a CM saw her and offered her and her sister a vanilla cone each. Mind you, there were a lot of people there, but I suppose because they were almost two at the time, she wanted to be nice. I was most appreciative and sent a letter to Disney about the CMs.

newhorizons1

Back in 2015 my husband and I went on a quick trip together. We were having lunch at Cosmic Ray's. A CM was walking around making small talk at different tables and came by ours. We struck up a good conversation with him. Before he left he wrote out a special ticket for us as a fastpass that we could redeem at 7DMT. This was extra special because (unknown to him) we had missed our fastpass+ reservation for the ride earlier in our trip because of some major post dinner transportation issues. That was our first and only time on 7DMT on that trip thanks to the CM. I really appreciated that he stopped to give two adults traveling without children some extra Disney magic.

IMG_2848.jpg

Sonconato

We were at AK on October 1, in Pandora waiting for the Swotu Wayä drum ceremony and from behind us came a man with a Hawaiian shirt and a long earring. He started playing the electronic drums, and we realized it was Joe Rohde. My husband approached him first and my son and I followed. I thanked him for all his great work and he told us how birds were nesting upon the high rock structure before it opened. He shook all our hands and was most gracious. It made my night.

jengrey

Not really a big story or a huge deal, but while waiting to go through bag check at MK a few years ago, I heard a bunch of people near the table laughing. As I got closer, I realized that they were laughing with the security guard, who was making small-talk with the guests, using a perfect Donald Duck voice. That definitely made me smile!

Corgi

Ohmygod,

Last time my family was at Disney, we were walking around Hollywood Studios wearing our “Clean Plate Club” stickers from 80s Primetime cafe, and we were all tired because it was late in the day. We must’ve looked it too, because this cast member walks up to us and goes “Ahh, clean plate club, eh? Well I think that deserves some dessert,” or something along those lines. And he lead us to a dessert cart and gave each member in my family a free chocolate covered mickey ice cream! It was so magical!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom