Extending/Change Park Hours

GenerationX

Yes. I've noted the park hours in my trip planning spreadsheet months before our vacation, then checked back later to find the hours had changed. I've seen the hours adjusted by +/- 60 minutes for a given park/day combination. It's always been the closing time I've seen adjusted and never the opening time.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

I worked for Disney for 10 years...one of their favorite lines one everything they do is...."subject to change". Any people I booked I always told to check the big board in the parks the day the go in for current show times. Anything can change a show time...weather, lightening, etc. Always check, do not depend on anything you get prior to arriving there.

Upvote 0

luckyeye13

Yes, WDW certainly does adjust park hours, sometimes even the week or the day of the change! Every so often, Cast Members will get friendly reminders to check their schedules again because the park hours for the week have changed. On occasion, we have been asked if we could stay for an extra hour because the Magic Kingdom (almost always the park that is extended suddenly) will be closing an hour later that day.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Disneys Park hours are subject to change at any time. They're posted on the web over 6 months in advance and can be changed right up to the date you visit - the posted hours being based on last years park attendance, room capacity at the resorts and surrounding hotels.
There are many factors which can influence their change.
Decembers hours (2008) have been posted for just over a month and on checking back yesterday I noticed that the MK parade times have been altered

Upvote 0

Mystic

We were down at WDW a number of years ago (back when a bus went to the TTC from WL) and as we were heading to the monorail to MK when I noticed a sign with the park hours for the day. We'd spent the first part of the day at another park then hit WL for dinner before heading to MK. The posted hours were 9:00am - 12:00am. This was not what was originally scheduled. The park was only supposed to be open until 9pm that night but they extended the hours to midnight, and no these were not extra magic hours as they wouldn't have posted the park as being open to midnight if it wasn't open to all guests.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom