Extended Vacation to USF after WDW We are

coastermom

Original Poster
staying at the RPR . We usually stay at the HRH but want to save a few bucks after being drained by the mouse for all our money . :ROFLOL:

A few Questions ... Has anyone else stayed at the RPR . We are booked for a pool /water view room . I was wondering what the kiddie water play area looked like anyone know? We are not staying club ( we just stayed club at the HRH and have to say we LOVED it ) we will have our own car and cooler so we are good for breakfast . I know we will do the meal deal at least once while there any well MYTHOS is a MUST . :sohappy:

I really just wanted to know more about the resort. We are booked also for a non smoking / No pet room due to my DD who is very algeric and sensetive to both .

Any other suggestions or things please let me know .

tdonald

I have never stayed there but the resort is beautiful, though not nearly as spread out as Disney's resorts. The pool area (as I remember) is pretty nice, with a few water features for kids.

I've heard that the meal deal is only worth it if you eat at least 3 meals a day between 11:00 and whenever the park closes so see if that's for you.

I am SO glad you guys know about Mythos! Probably 90% of Universal's guest don't even know it's there, but I think it's by far the best at restaurant as Universal.

I hope you have a great trip!

coasterphil

It's the only Uni hotel I've stayed at and I loved it. The pool area is very nice, but I'm pretty sure the kids section just consists of a boat with some basic fountains on it.

darthjohnny

The Royal Pacific Resort is very nice. It's kind of designed as a lighter (color wise) version of the Polynesian. The pool has a beach theme (and on certain nights, they'll play their "Dive-In movies by the pool). The water play area is a large boat with water jets shooting form the ground and water cannons you can use to soak others. There is also a beach area near the Boat Launches to the parks where you can play volley ball.

dandaman

Royal Pacific is beautiful. Like Johnny said, it's "Polynesian Light". Intricately themed and overall a great ambience and view.

...I'd sincerely like to see the Universal haters stay a night and see if their opinions have changed any. :lol:

"I hate Universal Resorts!"

"Have you ever stayed at any?"

"No..."

crazydaveh

I've stayed at RPH several times and I love it. The pool is nice, not as fun and hip as HRH, but it's still fun. The downstairs bar is fun when it's packed and there's karoke. The beach is open to lay out on and play volleyball as mentioned above, but no swimming in the water!

The pool view rooms are better than the others, because the others usually give you a view of an exit ramp from the parks to I 4, the Hulk, or Dooms.

Have fun, enjoy the Express lines with your keys!

coastermom

Original Poster
I just returned with my DD on her sweet 16 trip to the HRH so because we rode the Simpsons the rest of the family wants to go to USF/IOA so that is the reason for our stop. We have ONLY stayed at the HRH all 3 visits so this is new for us . I am happy to see so many good reviews .:sohappy:. Thanks for the help guys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom