Express pass necessary if only doing HP?

BraveGirl

Original Poster
I am a seasoned WDW visitor but have not been to Universal since Back to the Future and Jaws were the big attractions, so I have no idea how to plan this!

We are going to Orlando in November and going to do 1 day at Universal (two nights, staying at the Endless Summer Resort suites which does not come with Express pass). We are only interested in doing HP things when we go. We are getting the two park pass so that we can do the Hogwarts express, but do we also need to get Express pass? From what I am reading, most HP rides are not included anyway, is that right? I will be traveling with two other adults who don't like roller coasters, and two small kids who don't/can't ride them either. So I am thinking if I wanted to ride them, I could use a single rider line? Also, do we get in early for staying on property?

We are open to close park people so we intend on getting a full day in the parks. Will that be enough to do everything we want to do without Express pass? It's a big additional expense when you need it for 5 people - I don't mind spending it if it's going to be worth it but I feel like it might not be considering what we want to do.

Thanks for your help!

ToTBellHop

All HP attractions are included in Express Pass. I typically prefer to get it but I also find (at least when we go) that the price increase to move up to Royal Pacific is less than a cheaper hotel plus Express Pass. However, there are four of us.

You may be a bit bored limiting yourself to WWoHP for two whole days, but that's just me. And I have a Ravenclaw tattoo. There's so much more to Universal...

BraveGirl

Original Poster
You may be a bit bored limiting yourself to WWoHP for two whole days, but that's just me. And I have a Ravenclaw tattoo. There's so much more to Universal...
sorry if I was unclear - we are only going into the parks for 1 day. We aren't against doing other things, it's just not our priority at all. We are going there solely for HP but would do other things if we had time.

Herdman

Unless you're going during Thanksgiving when it would be extra crowded I would think you could do all the Harry Potter stuff in one day without an Express pass.

Disneyhead'71

I am a seasoned WDW visitor but have not been to Universal since Back to the Future and Jaws were the big attractions, so I have no idea how to plan this!

We are going to Orlando in November and going to do 1 day at Universal (two nights, staying at the Endless Summer Resort suites which does not come with Express pass). We are only interested in doing HP things when we go. We are getting the two park pass so that we can do the Hogwarts express, but do we also need to get Express pass? From what I am reading, most HP rides are not included anyway, is that right? I will be traveling with two other adults who don't like roller coasters, and two small kids who don't/can't ride them either. So I am thinking if I wanted to ride them, I could use a single rider line? Also, do we get in early for staying on property?

We are open to close park people so we intend on getting a full day in the parks. Will that be enough to do everything we want to do without Express pass? It's a big additional expense when you need it for 5 people - I don't mind spending it if it's going to be worth it but I feel like it might not be considering what we want to do.

Thanks for your help!
When in November are you going?

JT3000

You don't need Express passes to see all of Wizarding World in a day. There aren't that many attractions. However, if you are interested in seeing the rest of the parks, you may want to consider it.

Disneyhead'71

November 15-20
Universal's Holiday Event starts on Nov. 16th. One of the things I highly recommend is seeing the Grinchmas show. It is great.they also have a lot of great Christmas related things in The Wizarding World. Be sure to catch the "The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle" night time light show on Hogwarts Castle. It's delightful. It is an 8 min. show that runs every 20 mins.

JoeCamel

No you dont need Express at that time. Rope drop the epa park, do that area and take the express over to the other park and do the big ride there
Spend the rest of the day touring the HP areas and ride the express back and forth throughout the day
Note the show times. Several are must see

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom