Express pass- half day?

Hawkeye_2018

Original Poster
If I had an express pass for IOA, how long (typically) would it take me to see and ride the majority of the park? I'd like to spend a good chuck of my day at the pool if possible.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I've got an AP pass that kicks in EP at 4pm. Usually, I eat a good lunch around 2pm and then at 4 it's ride time. Can get a good 10-12 rides done in that 4-5 hour window. If at IoA keep in mind Velocicoaster is not on EP. I don't believe Hagrid's is either (least it wasn't on my last trip a few weeks ago)

Weather_Lady

With express pass and an arrival just after regular park opening (e.g., 9:15am), we're usually done with everything (as in, all rides and maybe 1 of the shows, plus an hour or so for lunch) by 2-3pm. HOWEVER, that was before Hagrid's and the Velocicoaster. Without early entry at IOA, I'd budget an additional 90-120 minutes to tackle those.

jonnyc

A lot depends what time of year and what day of the week you go.

Certainly on a weekday in say mid-September you can probably get IOA done by 1/2pm if you are there for rope drop. As noted, Hagrids and Velocicoaster don't have express yet which does add another variable.

macefamily

Definitely depends on your timing. We went last September when crowds were returning in droves to Universal. The Express pass lines were 45-60 minute waits. Standard queues were closed because they oversold the Express passes. I don't think Universal puts a cap on how many Express passes they sell. We left the park after three frustrating hours. That's the last time we were there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom