Express Monorail, "Technical Difficulties"

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
Hey guys,

I'm standin' here at the TTC, and the Express is not runnin'. I have absolutely no info', just thought I'd mention it, so y'all would know, and anyone who has "inside contacts" can do their diggin'. I personally think theta they're just doing a switch, but the whole atmosphere just felt weird, so I thought I'd report.

PS It's been so cold that my girlfriend an are are wearing a sweater, a shirt, jacket, toboggan, gloves and a scarf.

... and I'm considering reporting an evil CM named Jill from Everest, (which is something that I never do.)

scpergj

Last two trips we've seen monorail problems. In October, the monorail went down AND they were only running two of the boats. Last Saturday the monorail was down for a while in the morning.

Don't know what the problem, but getting to the MK from the TTC is getting harder and more stressful every trip. Even had issues getting onto the tram in the parking lot - both from our car and going back to the car - had people seperate my family both ways by forcing their way between us.

WDWFREAK53

Hey guys,

I'm standin' here at the TTC, and the Express is not runnin'. I have absolutely no info', just thought I'd mention it, so y'all would know, and anyone who has "inside contacts" can do their diggin'. I personally think theta they're just doing a switch, but the whole atmosphere just felt weird, so I thought I'd report.

PS It's been so cold that my girlfriend an are are wearing a sweater, a shirt, jacket, toboggan, gloves and a scarf.

... and I'm considering reporting an evil CM named Jill from Everest, (which is something that I never do.)

Why are you wearing a sled? ;-)

parkgoer

nothing broken and nothing worth reporting. Express monorail goes down around 5 or 6pm everyday. Gotta bring out more trains for the rush!

JWG

Yea, they could plan a little better. Last night they were bringing the extra trains onto Express at 6:30pm right as everyone was going to/leaving MK. Those who had MVMCP were trying to get in and those who weren't staying were all trying to leave at that time.

Unfortunately, they had just brought both yellow and I believe teal into service and were doing safety checks on both back to back. Poor timing.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Last two trips we've seen monorail problems. In October, the monorail went down AND they were only running two of the boats. Last Saturday the monorail was down for a while in the morning.

Don't know what the problem, but getting to the MK from the TTC is getting harder and more stressful every trip. Even had issues getting onto the tram in the parking lot - both from our car and going back to the car - had people seperate my family both ways by forcing their way between us.

The Richard F Irvine was being refurbished during that time. Unfortunately it's either inconvenience the guests a little bit, or let the boats get run down.

Skipper Dan

Original Poster
What did Jill do to make you want to report her?

I was more or less being overdramatic, to be honest I would never actually take the time to do it.

I was born and raised in Nashville, TN, and was mostly homeschooled. I've traveled all around the country with my father since I was a baby, and grew up around older people. In other words, I've always hated "roudy" teenagers, and have never understood them. Now even though I am the absolute farthest thing from being a bragocious person - as I cannot stand people that are - I like to think that I'm gerally a nice, respectful person, raised on the values of southern sophistication. That being said, my girlfriend and myself were in DAK and were approaching EE. I had been telling my girlfriend - who has just now only been to WDW twice - about the single riders line. She decided that we should do it, as she wanted to ride EE one more time. Knowing exactly where the single riders line was, I just headed that way. This was my mistake. On several occasions, I've noted that the sign directing guests to the single riders line will say: CLOSED; my mistake was not noting it this time. Anyway, we approached the line and walked on through, as there was no rope to indicate that we couldn't. As we got in line with about six people that were already standing there, Jill approached. Her exact dialogue was as follows, in a short, loud, and unnecessarily rude tone, "Hey, what're you doin'?" Immediately, I'm confused and suddenly everyone within a thirty foot radious is looking at us. I can barely get out an "Um..." before she snaps again, "Rope's there for a reason guys," and then to our confusion, she added a little, "Uh'huh." I began to say, "Oh I'm sorry ma'am, there was no rope," but she ignored my statement and began to herd us away like a couple of cows. My girlfriend was already irritated and heading out. I don't know if I can desribe this out of memory, but if you're familiar with that part of the queue, you know that the FastPass line runs right behind it. Well my girlfriend - who's not so familiar with these things - had already climbed over into the FastPass line, and was walking out, toward the Serka Zong Bazaar. I followed. This was Jill's que, "Hey! No, no, no, no, no! What'd you guys think you're doin'?!" She had come running up the queue to stop us from what she thought we were doing. Now, I have an enormous amount of patience, but by now I was ready to turn around and say, "Look lady, I plan to buy all of this someday, and I'm not some disrespectful kid lookin' to skip the line. The rope was down, and this was simply a miscommunication," but I didn't. Anyway, she continued - in a tone reminescent of mother telling her son, "We don't play with knives do we?" "This is the FastPass line," she said. Then she added a, "Mmm'hmm." I honestly feel if I would have stared at her, then leaped over the FastPass line, she would have shouted, "Security!" I just simply smiled and said, "Thanks..." then I paused and dramatically looked down at her nametag and said, "Jill, from South Bend, Indiana, you have a magical day!" I slowly walked back out through the queue, and ironically, the rope was up. Even if we were to cross over into the FastPass line, we couldn't get past the CM who collects the FastPasses.

In short, I personally believe that there is no justification for her actions. She was unnecessarily rude, and did not handle the situation the way I feel a WDW CM should have.

MickeyPeace

I was more or less being overdramatic, to be honest I would never actually take the time to do it.

I was born and raised in Nashville, TN, and was mostly homeschooled. I've traveled all around the country with my father since I was a baby, and grew up around older people. In other words, I've always hated "roudy" teenagers, and have never understood them. Now even though I am the absolute farthest thing from being a bragocious person - as I cannot stand people that are - I like to think that I'm gerally a nice, respectful person, raised on the values of southern sophistication. That being said, my girlfriend and myself were in DAK and were approaching EE. I had been telling my girlfriend - who has just now only been to WDW twice - about the single riders line. She decided that we should do it, as she wanted to ride EE one more time. Knowing exactly where the single riders line was, I just headed that way. This was my mistake. On several occasions, I've noted that the sign directing guests to the single riders line will say: CLOSED; my mistake was not noting it this time. Anyway, we approached the line and walked on through, as there was no rope to indicate that we couldn't. As we got in line with about six people that were already standing there, Jill approached. Her exact dialogue was as follows, in a short, loud, and unnecessarily rude tone, "Hey, what're you doin'?" Immediately, I'm confused and suddenly everyone within a thirty foot radious is looking at us. I can barely get out an "Um..." before she snaps again, "Rope's there for a reason guys," and then to our confusion, she added a little, "Uh'huh." I began to say, "Oh I'm sorry ma'am, there was no rope," but she ignored my statement and began to herd us away like a couple of cows. My girlfriend was already irritated and heading out. I don't know if I can desribe this out of memory, but if you're familiar with that part of the queue, you know that the FastPass line runs right behind it. Well my girlfriend - who's not so familiar with these things - had already climbed over into the FastPass line, and was walking out, toward the Serka Zong Bazaar. I followed. This was Jill's que, "Hey! No, no, no, no, no! What'd you guys think you're doin'?!" She had come running up the queue to stop us from what she thought we were doing. Now, I have an enormous amount of patience, but by now I was ready to turn around and say, "Look lady, I plan to buy all of this someday, and I'm not some disrespectful kid lookin' to skip the line. The rope was down, and this was simply a miscommunication," but I didn't. Anyway, she continued - in a tone reminescent of mother telling her son, "We don't play with knives do we?" "This is the FastPass line," she said. Then she added a, "Mmm'hmm." I honestly feel if I would have stared at her, then leaped over the FastPass line, she would have shouted, "Security!" I just simply smiled and said, "Thanks..." then I paused and dramatically looked down at her nametag and said, "Jill, from South Bend, Indiana, you have a magical day!" I slowly walked back out through the queue, and ironically, the rope was up. Even if we were to cross over into the FastPass line, we couldn't get past the CM who collects the FastPasses.

In short, I personally believe that there is no justification for her actions. She was unnecessarily rude, and did not handle the situation the way I feel a WDW CM should have.

You plan to buy all of this one day? What does that mean? Dramatic pause...! You have a magical day!

majorrfb

Dec. 8-Resort Monorail at closing time

At closing, a Wednesday night (Pop Warner week), the MK was packed and both Monorail lines were packed. So my wife and I decided to take the Resort Mono to return to the TTA. The line was much shorter but it became obvious quickly that the line was not moving. About 15 minutes into the line wait, a young female CM came down the line telling everyone train waits would be 30 mins. each in duration. (Interestingly, when we were riding to the MK, we experienced several long holding waits before reaching the MK station).
Back to the original story. The CM told everyone to take the buses back to our destination including TTA. At the bus departure point, not one bus was labeled TTA. We asked another CM which bus for the TTA and he told us none of the buses here are going to the TTA. He recommended we take the ferry boats back to the TTA, which we did. What should have been just a routine wait for transportation turned into a pain in the ........! The night was very cold and peoples patience was REALLY put to the test.

PhilharMagician

At closing, a Wednesday night (Pop Warner week), the MK was packed and both Monorail lines were packed. So my wife and I decided to take the Resort Mono to return to the TTA. The line was much shorter but it became obvious quickly that the line was not moving. About 15 minutes into the line wait, a young female CM came down the line telling everyone train waits would be 30 mins. each in duration. (Interestingly, when we were riding to the MK, we experienced several long holding waits before reaching the MK station).
Back to the original story. The CM told everyone to take the buses back to our destination including TTA. At the bus departure point, not one bus was labeled TTA. We asked another CM which bus for the TTA and he told us none of the buses here are going to the TTA. He recommended we take the ferry boats back to the TTA, which we did. What should have been just a routine wait for transportation turned into a pain in the ........! The night was very cold and peoples patience was REALLY put to the test.

We just got back from a stay at the Contemporary and I can tell you that we waited close to an hour on Friday at around 6:30 pm to get a monorail from the Contemporary to the T&TC to connect to Epcot for dinner. All the resort trains came in loaded from MK and there was no room for resort guests to get on. Since there is no bus transport we were stuck. Thanks to the guests leaving MK that didn't wan't to wait the extra few minutes more for the express line monorail or take the ferry. If you are going to a resort fine, but too many people take advantage of it. I am not sure if they realize what they are doing or not. Thankfully they still seated us for dinner even though we were more than 45 minutes late.

Hey guys,

Just everyday switches folks. Nothing mysterious.

We got stuck in a just everyday switch trying to go from the Contemporary to Epcot. We hit at the wrong time. We were walking the breezway from BLT to the Contemporary and we saw a monorail comin out the spur from the barn. Well we got to the CR loading platform and waited about 45+ minutes for a train to arrive since everthing was shut down while the switched. We get on the train and go to T&TC and then they decided to switch another monorail onto the Epcot line. It took an hour and 45 minutes to get to Epcot. I don't think it could have been timed any worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom