Express Monorail running on modified weekday schedule for Spring and Summer 2015

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Me too! My Mom will be in an ECV, and won't be able to take a boat. She doesn't like the bus, and for convenience we thought it would be nice. I sure hope the monorail will be working! I am surprised during summer hours ( or do they still consider June 16-22 Spring?) that they're still reducing hours!:eek:

Two words - RENTAL CAR Join Alamo/National and you can pick your own car if you reserve a midsize vehicle, Most minivans small SUV's will easily accomodate a ECV

rob0519

Honestly, the bus is more reliable than the monorail these days. Not that it makes you feel any better when you pay to stay on the monorail loop.

We've stayed in the CR or Polynesian over a dozen times in the last 20 years or so just for the convenience and uniqueness of the monorail experience. Granted we only stay when reduced room rates are offered, but it's still a considerable expense. The last few visits the reliability and availability has gotten worse and worse. So while the bus may be a more reliable and faster, it certainly would not make me feel any better about monorail resort prices and limited monorail service. I'm glad we decided to take a DCL cruise last year and not go to WDW this spring or summer.

JediMasterMatt

Two words - RENTAL CAR Join Alamo/National and you can pick your own car if you reserve a midsize vehicle, Most minivans small SUV's will easily accomodate a ECV

I'll 2nd these thoughts... my wife is disabled and needs an ECV for any of our Disney Parks trips. Getting around WDW is so much easier with a rental car than having to rely only on the buses. She has gotten really good at the parallel parking on the bus when she does need to head back to the room without me.

ToTBellHop

We've stayed in the CR or Polynesian over a dozen times in the last 20 years or so just for the convenience and uniqueness of the monorail experience. Granted we only stay when reduced room rates are offered, but it's still a considerable expense. The last few visits the reliability and availability has gotten worse and worse. So while the bus may be a more reliable and faster, it certainly would not make me feel any better about monorail resort prices and limited monorail service. I'm glad we decided to take a DCL cruise last year and not go to WDW this spring or summer.
Oh, I agree completely. It is absurdly audacious to continue charging those rates while marketing monorail access as a perk. This is why I love Wilderness Lodge. 1/2 to 1/3 the price and the boat always works.

cinderellafan6

Ok stupid question coming in.....So Magic Kingdom is open till 12am this Saturday with magic hours till 2am. So will the monorail close at 1am??

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well... the GF is a dream of mine ( to stay there). It's not necessarily about the monorail, but I just hope that it's working when Mom needs it ( to and from EPCOT/MK and GF).:(

Seriously join National's emerald club and for 40-60 bucks per day you can have transport which is at your beck and call. Plus you can eat the 'off property' food if you desire - one meal will pay for the rental

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
is "Automation" Orwellian speak for elimination and/or continued neglect?

It just might BE, Tho WDW has been experimenting with automated monorail controls but there is no earthly reason why the system is not in operation NOW, Automating subways and monorails is old news and its been done round the world many times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom