News Exploratory geotechnical borings for new Epcot retention pond suggest new projects are in the works

Fairsky

Very interesting...

There is a canal that runs north-south behind the Imagination and the Land pavilions separating Future World from the Yacht & Beach Club resorts to the west. If a new resort was added to the land NW of Epcot there would be no need to change the canal. However, if the resort was to have direct access to Future World or attached to the park in some manner (like between the Land and Living Seas) this canal would need to be redirected.

trainplane3

A new monorail resort! (or at least it would seem unusual for them to build a hotel on a plot where the monorail goes through and not build a monorail station there)
I would think the same, but it's well within walking distance. But then again, it could a Contemporary-MK set up. You can take the Monorail, but you'll get to the park faster if you walk. Buuuuutttt, having quick, direct access to the TTC would eliminate buses to MK. Who knows.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Based on the boring locations this appears to be the rough contours of the pond.

upload_2017-10-13_13-40-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-10-13_13-40-10.png
    upload_2017-10-13_13-40-10.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 153

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I would LOVE for them to put an EPCOT themed resort with new technologies for guests to try while staying there (within reason of course)....something that would be akin to the original EPCOT city idea, but just with hotel guests instead of residents. This is a pipe dream as it would probably be completely different, but I can dream.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I would think the same, but it's well within walking distance. But then again, it could a Contemporary-MK set up. You can take the Monorail, but you'll get to the park faster if you walk. Buuuuutttt, having quick, direct access to the TTC would eliminate buses to MK. Who knows.

No closer to the main gate of EPCOT than Contemporary or Grand Floridian are to MK's main gate. Nonetheless, given the area of the retention pond from @danlb_2000 's post (above), it would seem unlikely that the hotel would be along the monorail track.

trainplane3

No closer to the main gate of EPCOT than Contemporary or Grand Floridian are to MK's main gate. Nonetheless, given the area of the retention pond from @danlb_2000 's post (above), it would seem unlikely that the hotel would be along the monorail track.
Yep, I see that now. I prefer walking so the monorail isn't a big deal to me. If they do build a hotel, a Epcot city style hotel could be awesome.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They have been going vertical with a lot of their new hotels/hotel additions. If the intention is actually to build a hotel, maybe they go something taller with a smaller footprint (not unlike Universal's new Adventura Hotel). Would also give them another reason for a building top restaurant views of Illuminations. A tall, futuristic looking hotel could also fit right in with the look of Future World.

trainplane3

They have been going vertical with a lot of their new hotels/hotel additions. If the intention is actually to build a hotel, maybe they go something taller with a smaller footprint (not unlike Universal's new Adventura Hotel). Would also give them another reason for a building top restaurant views of Illuminations. A tall, futuristic looking hotel could also fit right in with the look of Future World.
Agreed. But they need to make it look unique enough so it doesn't look like generic skyscraper hotel #869.
430315_597795053566497_499526805_n.jpg

ryman_epcot_city_20120502_1909296523.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Based on the images posted in this thread, I don't see a hotel going in here unless they decide to take out an existing backstage parking lot.

bclane

I would LOVE for them to put an EPCOT themed resort with new technologies for guests to try while staying there (within reason of course)....something that would be akin to the original EPCOT city idea, but just with hotel guests instead of residents. This is a pipe dream as it would probably be completely different, but I can dream.
How about a "New Horizons" resort. Part of it could be built inside a giant aquarium so that we could have that underwater city I've been dreaming about since the 80s. Another part could in be a desert setting. Another a space setting, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom