Explain to me like I'm 5 why there are 60+ minute waits today

MickeyLuv'r

We went last February, during a school week, during the pandemic and with the limited capacity, and we observed lots of children. I was surprised to see so many kids considering the situation. It seemed pretty busy actually, but it was still nice.
Almost every school system has teacher in-service/training days. Those are days when the teachers and administrators report to work, but students have the day off.

Many districts have also adopted non-traditional schedules. Usually a school year is 180 days/ certain min # of hours, but there is flexibility in how they distribute those 180 days. Charter schools in particular often trend towards a model where summer break is very short, but the 'regular' school weeks are only 4 days long, or they take short 1 week breaks (w/ school year round).

The thinking is that many students forget some learning when they have a long summer break. Some students use summer for educational experiences, but many can't afford camps/athletic programs/books, and may spend the time unsupervised. For some, school = regular meals.

Last edited:

Mizzourah

Just wrapped up a 4 day trip; wait time estimates on the app and in park seemed to be grossly overestimated. Splash posted as 25 mins wound up being walk-on and most rides wound up being at least half their estimated wait times. Baseless theory hunch says they’re inflating the estimated wait times to make the Genie+ impact on standby times seem less drastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom