Explain to be like I’m five years old..

Kramerica

Original Poster
Maxpass. I’m flying in next month for a six night stay at Disneyland and haven’t done my due research into it. Can someone break it down for me?

Darkbeer1

OK, options...

Traditional FastPass still available, go to (or near) the attraction, insert your ticket media, and get the return time window. Free

Opt for MaxPass at $10 per person, per day. (You do not need to buy it every day.) Must have a smartphone. Scan your ticket media into the phone, then "order" FastPasses from anywhere in the parks. (Can't do it prior to entering either Disneyland or DCA). Scan your phone when your return time is open at the ride entrance.

PhotoPass comes free with MaxPass.

For those needing assistance, such as a wheelchair user, there are special options, and can be used with either FastPass option, or by itself.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-fastpass-guide-tips/

https://mickeyvisit.com/disneyland-maxpass/

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/disneyland-disability-access-service-das/

dweezil78

Have you ever been to WDW? It's mobile like FP+ except here you pay $10 a day for it, have far less selection, and can only choose the next available FP window as it functions just like a normal FP and less an all-day FP reservation system.

That said, it really can be a huge time saver and allow you to grab FPs that go quickly as you don't have to wait in line for them and you don't have to book it across the park to get to the machines. It's also nice that it includes a photopass for the entire day.

It's also nice that, unlike normal FP, you can cancel a FP and grab something else if you decide you want to change your plans.

bhodge

Just got back from a 2 day quick trip with lots of family across all age ranges. It was great for that scenario. Previous trips im the runner - so no one has any idea where these "magical fast passes" even come from, so when I realized I could not have that job this year I "sold" it to all in our party. We used it A LOT the first day. I was willing to link all of our tickets (12) to my account so we could get everyone "together" time wise - even though we weren't necessarily getting 12 for every attraction. We even had the "grammies" who ride very little on it so we could use their tickets for "re-rides" with the older kids if they wanted. Once I got most hooked and "trained" the first day, my family opted out the second day as we had ridden so much on day one, and wanted to do more "non fast pass" things the second day. ALSO because I knew where to go and how to work it - we still used free FP quite a but the second day. Id say its a day by day thing. Crowd levels definitely affect the value of it as you might need it - might not.... might get a lot of re-rides, might run out of passes etc. If you are there muti-days I would definitely NOT add for all days until you see what you can accomplish with one day first. We really liked it, and contrary to what some are reporting, didn't find ANY fastness line that long (some are saying that now they charge they are "over selling" fast pass capacity to give the appearance of value and inflating FP lines too much - we didn't see that - pretty much walk ons-10 min waits against 90 min for stand-by

bhodge

even though "every member of your party has to have it" they never check to see WHO is using it, just that the number of bar codes on the phone or tickets that get scanned match the number in your party. I even gave my phone to one of our party who were riding with my kids and as soon as she scanned it and got "in line" she handed my phone back. Just be careful doing that as some rides have a "rescan" point - almost better to use the park ticket for hand offs.

oo_nrb

FYI, even if you don't purchase MaxPass, you can still link your park tickets to the Disneyland app. A benefit to doing this is that you can view your Fastpasses in the app, redeem them via the barcode scanners as if you had MaxPass, and even release the FPs that you don't want any more to get new ones.

JediMasterMatt

GamePro ProTips for MaxPass:

- as soon as you pass the last scan point (the 2nd one if it has 2 of them), before you put your phone away be sure to make another FP reservation. This allows you to start the next reservation before you are even on the first attraction. For Mansion, this can create a virtual infinity exploit where you could start the next reservation before you went down into the stretching room and typically it would be available to use by the time you got back around to the ride again if the wait is in the 30 min range to begin with.

- if your attraction goes 101 (down) while you are holding a FP return time, you will receive a Multi Attraction FP that can be used on anything with FP and these don't have a set return time and they allow you to book another one immediately. So, if you find a ride on your trip that keeps going down (like say Mansion does right before its seasonal makeover as they put off maintenance until then) you can quickly build up a surplus of FPs.

bhodge

GamePro ProTips for MaxPass:

- as soon as you pass the last scan point (the 2nd one if it has 2 of them), before you put your phone away be sure to make another FP reservation. This allows you to start the next reservation before you are even on the first attraction. For Mansion, this can create a virtual infinity exploit where you could start the next reservation before you went down into the stretching room and typically it would be available to use by the time you got back around to the ride again if the wait is in the 30 min range to begin with.

- if your attraction goes 101 (down) while you are holding a FP return time, you will receive a Multi Attraction FP that can be used on anything with FP and these don't have a set return time and they allow you to book another one immediately. So, if you find a ride on your trip that keeps going down (like say Mansion does right before its seasonal makeover as they put off maintenance until then) you can quickly build up a surplus of FPs.
And if said attraction goes back up you can probably get a new FP for that or use the “any FP” on that when it goes back up.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I got it on a one day trip back in December. It allows you not only to schedule from your phone but if you park hop you can schedule in the other park as well. I park hopped like crazy and got multiple rides on big ticket must rides in both parks all day long.

JediMasterMatt

And if said attraction goes back up you can probably get a new FP for that or use the “any FP” on that when it goes back up.

FastPass rule to live by - ABC

Always
Be
Collecting... moar FastPass

And yes, if your current FP goes 101, you can get another for any attraction currently open (which if your original one is still down, then you need to wait until it opens).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom