Explain the Flex Pass to me like I'm 5

Kramerica

Original Poster
It seems that the Flex pass is designed for locals. But I'm no local. I come to Disneyland once every month or so, know that I'm coming atleast a month in advance, and know how many days I'll be there for. Often for four days or more.

So, would the flex pass work for me? I know that you have to make a reservation of sorts, but is it guaranteed that you can come in given the fact that you did reserve your spot? Is there a chance that your reservation could get denied due to capacity or something like that? If I fly 1000 miles to southern California just for Disneyland, it would be a huge bummer to then realize my pass won't work for a couple of the days. I guess I just don't fully grasp the concept. Would this option be viable for an out of towner like me?

Ismael Flores

It seems that the Flex pass is designed for locals. But I'm no local. I come to Disneyland once every month or so, know that I'm coming atleast a month in advance, and know how many days I'll be there for. Often for four days or more.

So, would the flex pass work for me? I know that you have to make a reservation of sorts, but is it guaranteed that you can come in given the fact that you did reserve your spot? Is there a chance that your reservation could get denied due to capacity or something like that? If I fly 1000 miles to southern California just for Disneyland, it would be a huge bummer to then realize my pass won't work for a couple of the days. I guess I just don't fully grasp the concept. Would this option be viable for an out of towner like me?

the pass limited blockout days which include the Holiday weeks between Christmas and New Years. all other days are either go days or reservation days.

the pass will have many days where you can just show up with no reservations.

as for reservation days, they are mostly during summer and holiday periods not including Christmas holidays.

you can have two reservations up to 30 days in advance. depending in availability sometime it could be that disneyland runs out if reservation spots but not DCA. at the time of reservation you choose wether you wont to park hop or just reserve one park.

even though you can make two reservations up to a month in advance, that does NOT mean you can only visit two times a month.

as soon as you use the first reserved day another one comes open.

example

lets say i am planning a trip for thursday, friday, saturday, Sunday.
when i check the Calendar i see that thursday requires NO reservation. so no need to worry about making one.
next i see Friday and saturday are reservation days.
i go aheaf and make those reservations.

Sunday i need to wait.

the time comes for my trip i have fun on thursday as a free day. i go in Friday and use my first reservation. as soon as that day isbused and completed a new open slot should be available for me to make another reservation.
before i go to sleep i check the Calendar to make a reservation for Sunday.

If all goes well you find available spots for a parkhopping reservation. if for some odd reason Disneyland is fully booked they will most likely have available spot for DCA.

hope that helps

George Lucas on a Bench

denzel-washington-philadelphia.jpg

Old Mouseketeer

You can't always get what you want.
But if you try some time, you just may find...
You get what you need!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom