Experience with HTC?

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
I'm currently in the market for a new cell phone. Since I'm on a pay-as-you-go plan, I will be paying out of pocket for a phone. I've been looking at two options, the Samsung Galaxy Express and the HTC Desire 610. The HTC has a newer Android operating system and is $50 cheaper than the Galaxy. My concern is that I've never owned an HTC. I've owned two Samsung phones and have liked them both, and my mom has the Galaxy Express and loves it. I also own a Samsung Galaxy tablet. So I know the quality of their products. For $50 less and a newer operating system, though, I'm kind of leaning towards the HTC. Has anyone ever owned an HTC? Any thoughts?

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I had an HTC EVO 4G LTE. Really liked it. Can't speak to the Desire but the HTC One S is regarded as one of the best smartphones out there.

StarWarsGirl

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going with the HTC. Both phones went down to the same price. Both had excellent reviews. But the HTC has the newer OS. My Samsung tablet updated itself from Jellybean to KitKat the other day (wonder how long that update has been sitting there) and I'm having far fewer problems with it. It just runs faster and has less problems with the apps closing. My other concern with the Samsung phone was that a lot of places that used to carry it (Amazon, Target, etc.) are either not carrying it or reducing the prices by a lot. That makes me concerned that they are getting rid of it, and should I have a problem with it, I might not get the help I need with it. So I ordered the HTC this evening from Amazon at $180, which is $20 off what it was when I was first looking. Good thing because I had an issue with my plan, and when I called AT&T, they took a long time and I was wondering why and they said that they were receiving numerous errors from my phone and that it was suggested that I purchase a new one. If I weren't having so many problems with my current phone (like the battery completely draining in a matter of hours the other day...) I'd probably wait for the price to go down even more like we waited when we got my mom's phone. But I kind of need a working phone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom