Expedition Everest

ZapperZ

MouseCrazy said:
Is Everest going to be kinda sorta like the Matterhorn in Disneyland?? (ooooh .. say yes, say yes...)

Y'know, if you are THAT curious about the attraction, you could just view the on-ride video that WDWMagic has, or the one at the Disney Podcast site.

:)

Zz.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
MouseCrazy said:
Is Everest going to be kinda sorta like the Matterhorn in Disneyland?? (ooooh .. say yes, say yes...)

Having ridden both, no, no no...

The Matterhorn is a coaster in a mountain, as is EE. Both have a beast. That's where the similarities end.

EE is more thrilling and certainly has a lot more theming in the queue and IMO through the ride. The Yeti is more impressive by far than the Abominable Snowman.

DS10 was mildly impressed by Matterhorn when we rode once in Jan '05 [we only rode once], but was blown away and declared EE his new all-time favourite ride after one ride in Feb '06 [we rode ten times that day and another 8 during the week we were there!].

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

ChuckElias said:
I'll be there 4/16. Can't wait! Send my daughter to the safari with my dad and I'm heading to Everest!
we'll arrive on the 16th, won't be able to get to EE until later in the week, but it looks like the whole family will be on the attraction. Going again 4/16-4/22, not soon enough!!:dazzle: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

MouseCrazy

WooHoo! Happy camper here ...

My only big complaint about WDW was that there was no Matterhorn-type ride. I kind of figured if they did a ride like it .. it would just logically be bigger and better than the one in DL.
I was always told by people inside WDW they wouldn't/couldn't do another Matterhorn because 1) it wouldn't pass current safety restrictions and 2) it would be prohibitively expensive... even for Disney! YaHoo I am glad they didn't know what they were talkin about!

Now if I can only convince 'Ohana to bring back the pineapple/caramel sauce dessert, WDW would be heaven :D on earth

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom