Expedition Everest Restraints?

peter11435

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Will other rides (BTMR for example) have its double bars replaced / updated with individual bars ?
Well BTMR is really the only ride left with a single lap bar. However i doubt it will be replaced anytime soon.

goofyfan13

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
Will other rides (BTMR for example) have its double bars replaced / updated with individual bars ?

It would be nice, so I don't have to worry about trying to spread my legs, since I have big legs, in order for the bar to come down a little lower for my girlfriend. Last time we went on she had a good 6 inches between her and the bar. :lol:

Bellhop Jer

Lapbars are the safety restraints on this coaster! I wish they would bring them back at the HollyWood Tower Hotel so we can get more airtime!!...lol. ºoº

dflye

Whatever the politically correct term is for big-boned guests, I love it when they are in the same log as me on Splash Mtn! :kiss:

Especially when they are seated up front, makes the log dig into the water more at the bottom of the big drop! :sohappy:

To stay on topic (sort of): I thought the restraint system for EE involved an authentic Himalayan Sherpa sitting next to each guest and holding them in place when needed during the ride!

Nion4

Bellhop Jer said:
I wish they would bring them back at the HollyWood Tower Hotel so we can get more airtime!!...lol. ºoº

You can get a different type of airtime by collecting extra lap belt between your legs (having dark colored pants or shorts help.

You basically pull out the entire belt but don't let it retract, clip it in, and hold onto the belt to keep it from sliding back in the holder.

Let the excess belt length just drape between your legs.

Have fun!

you didn't hear it from me
:lookaroun

Tigger1988

Nion4 said:
You can get a different type of airtime by collecting extra lap belt between your legs (having dark colored pants or shorts help.

You basically pull out the entire belt but don't let it retract, clip it in, and hold onto the belt to keep it from sliding back in the holder.

Let the excess belt length just drape between your legs.

Have fun!

you didn't hear it from me
:lookaroun

Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of the "safety belt". I would rather give up airtime and stay safe.

I do want them to bring back the lap bar though.

latoberg

Cause of rollercoaster-phobia

I have vivid memories of my first ride on a rollercoaster and it has left me terrified of riding a rollercoaster 20-something years later.

My mother was a big person and at that time I was only 10-12. We got on a "small" rollercoaster at a non-Disney park. Single bar lap restraint. She was secure. I had LOTS of room. We started going around corners and I slid back and forth from my side of the car to my Mom's hip.

I haven't been able to ride a rollercoaster since then without the fear of flying out the side of a car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom