Expedition Everest Restraints?

vilegirl

Original Poster
I tried doing a search, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what the restraints are like for EE? Are they a lap bar or over the shoulder?

Thanks in advance :wave:

MSTINKHERBELL01

Which one makes you guys and girls feel more safe...LAP or Over the Shoulder? Personally for me...I'd feel safe if there were a rollercoaster that used both:lol: ...but the over the shoulder makes me feel pretty secure.

Mystic

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Which one makes you guys and girls feel more safe...LAP or Over the Shoulder? Personally for me...I'd feel safe if there were a rollercoaster that used both:lol: ...but the over the shoulder makes me feel pretty secure.

Provided I'm not being flipped upside down or sent through a corkscrew, which my head can't handle anyways, I'm fine with the lap bar.

DonaldDoleWhip

I hate lap bars, because if I'm sitting next to a fat person (which I usually am), the lap bar doesn't feel safe at all. But I don't feel perfectly comfortable with restraints either.

Thus, the only thrill rides I do at WDW are BTMR and Splash (and Dinosaur, Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin, not including water parks).

goofyfan13

DonaldDoleWhip said:
I hate lap bars, because if I'm sitting next to a fat person (which I usually am), the lap bar doesn't feel safe at all. But I don't feel perfectly comfortable with restraints either.

Thus, the only thrill rides I do at WDW are BTMR and Splash (and Dinosaur, Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin, not including water parks).

Most roller coasters now have independent lap bars(I guess thats what you could call them). Meaning each person gets his/her own. The only exception I can think of is BTMRR. So a big person next to you won't effect how tight your individual lap bar is.

I personally prefer lap bars unless theres a few inversions. I even wouldn't mind a fast coaster with one loop, but only used lap bars. I'm an airtime kinda guy, and I feel that the lap bars do a much better job a providing that air time I love so much.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Lee is wrong. They are actually going to hold you in with thick ropes, tied tightly around your wrists.

Lynx04

Thrawn said:
Lee is wrong. They are actually going to hold you in with thick ropes, tied tightly around your wrists.

and all this time I thought they were going to use duct tape and velcro.

Nion4

I just hope the seat sizes are larger.

I'm a broad shouldered guy and if I sit next to another broad shouldered person (like at TOT for example) -- it makes for a kinda tight ride.

individual restraints are nice, ots would be overkill (but def. verrry safe) it doesn't loop.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
yeti fur covering... and all you people hating on us fat people GRRRRR to YOU! :fork: I'm losing it you loser.

Slipknot

warlord said:
yeti fur covering... and all you people hating on us fat people GRRRRR to YOU! :fork: I'm losing it you loser.

I like being next to a large person with only a double lapbar. MORE AIRTIME FOR ME!!!!!!!!! :D

DonaldDoleWhip said:

>_>@donald.....

I'm sure while us Fat people are nice and tight in the car, you're skinny butt will be flying off the ride. :D
I don't mean to hate but that was just plain rude!!

Nansafan

I love the airtime. My neices love riding with me as I'm a bit thick in the thighs. The bar rests on me and allows skinny and skinnier some room to fly.

Marge10369

DonaldDoleWhip said:

Maybe the nicer way of putting this would have been...I pefer independent lap bars because they allow for individual comfort and sense of safety. That said I like the idea of duct tape...that stuff will hold anything in place!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom