Expedition Everest official website Opening Date Set!

bsummer

Original Poster
Whatever

Okay well I guess I just got my hopes up, but I got an e-mail from Disney talking about trips to Disney in march and it hinted that it should be open by then because it say's "In March you may be taking a ride on Expedition Everest. Click here for more information." So anyway the way they talk it should be open at least by March, and with the way they do things there should be a soft opening going on by mid to late Jan. If there are any cast members reading, has anything been said in the Eyes and Ears?

peter11435

bsummer said:
Okay well I guess I just got my hopes up, but I got an e-mail from Disney talking about trips to Disney in march and it hinted that it should be open by then because it say's "In March you may be taking a ride on Expedition Everest. Click here for more information." So anyway the way they talk it should be open at least by March, and with the way they do things there should be a soft opening going on by mid to late Jan. If there are any cast members reading, has anything been said in the Eyes and Ears?

Everest will officialy open in April. However previews will begin in January.

yensidtlaw1969

So far, from what I hear the official opening date is April 7th. There will be previews for Disney Vacations Club members in late January (I want to say the 26th to the 28th, but don't hold me to it). The chances of soft openings immediately after the DVC previews are rather good, as Expedition : Everest is a rather large E-Ticket that will have many kinks to work out before it's official opening. Mission Space is an extremely technically advanced ride, and opened for soft openings several months before. Anyone going to WDW anytime after January, make your way to Animal Kingdom, because you may have a chance to meet the Yeti (as always, soft openings are subject to change, and the attraction may open or close without warning, so if you're going, hope to be able to ride it, but expect not to be).

Yensid "I-wonder-if-the-Yeti-will-be-uncovered-during-these-previews" tlaw1969.

Brent

Offical website opening cool. Late Jan. soft runs bad come on disney throw me a lifeline here jan 11 *hopes* hay it could happen you never know. There are some kinks that should be worked out before dvc previews so i give myself to be the test dummy. (over & over all day if they want as long as I have a lunch break hehe)

imagineerfan

My apologies if this has been brought up before: do you think they will make any correspondance between Everest's official opening and April 22nd when AK opened? 8th anniversary isn't a big year, but you never know....

Dan

I think that it would be more strategical for Disney to open EE before Easter week, hence the April 7th opening date, than a week after the crowds have left, the 22nd.

Just my two cents.

CBF

DizWhizKid

CaesarBoxFan said:
I think that it would be more strategical for Disney to open EE before Easter week, hence the April 7th opening date, than a week after the crowds have left, the 22nd.

Just my two cents.

CBF

that's the smartest thing I've heard on this board in several hours.:king:

hmmm.......

Is there any truth to that the yeti will be 18 ft tall? Also does anyone have any info about the yeti?(Corrus....:animwink: ).Im soo bummed because ill miss E:E in April because we will go only to MK and MGM!! BUMMER!!!!

William

WDWScottieBoy

The yeti is said to be over 18 feet tall, and there is LOADS of info on the yeti. Just do a search. I did an update when I met Mr. Rohde and put on here everything he told me in regards to it. ;)

Android-XS

Ok, it Jan 16th 7:32am est. Why isn't the website open? It still has the message stating "Website Coming January 16th" Did the webmaster of the site sleep in today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Android-XS said:
Ok, it Jan 16th 7:32am est. Why isn't the website open? It still has the message stating "Website Coming January 16th" Did the webmaster of the site sleep in today?

It didnt specify at wha time on the 16th it opens. They still have until midnight to still meet that schedule.

Jose Eber

Keep in mind Disney folks on the east coast don't get into work until 9 am!

And if its west coast -- that's noon eastern! Plus they have to get a bagel and settle in, takes some calls lol.

J.

CaptainMichael

Mannoroth said:
My guess is that they didn't realize the 16th was MLK Day when they set that arbitrary date.

Better luck tomorrow, probably.
I'm pretty confident in saying that MLK Day has nothing to do with the website delay. Life goes on and the world still turns for non-government business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom