Expedition Everest...I just don't get it!

Alexx

If you don't like it, don't ride it end of! If you don't like the yeti the ride or anything JUST DON'T RIDE IT.

I edited my post for the person who moaned about it :)

hokielutz

I always wonder why they didn't put the animatronic yeti at the track switch inside the mountain. It would be a perfect time to display the technology and actually see the thing in motion. It's like everything is in reverse. The extra long first track switch has no effect at all, the other slightly shorter track switch has a shadow, and the split second fly-by has the super expensive animatronic. :veryconfu The ride is boring when you're not moving because there is nothing to see and yet the ONE time there is something worth seeing, you speed by it at 100 miles an hour. When a coaster is moving, THAT is the time to skimp on effects and ride-design. Not when your captive audience is sitting still. It would be like Tower of Terror having a black room of nothingness when it stops at the floors and then an elaborate show-scene while you're plummeting. Why did Disney spend so much money on the Yeti in the first place? It's one of the biggest wastes of money and space of any Disney attraction and apparently Disney knows this because they can't be bothered to fix it. .....

I will explain this again for several of those who obviously are missing the point entirely with this attraction.

The Yeti according to the legend is a mythical figure, that is rarely, if ever seen. Those that claim to have seen it only get brief glimpses.

And the attraction captures this legend in accurate detail. The Yeti is only briefly seen, because that is all other explorers or locals have ever seen of the creature.
If the Yeti was at the second stop in full view with his arm waving up and down at the train occupants for 5-10 seconds... then the legend and story is not given any justice.
Yeah it would be great to see the technological wonder in all its glory long enough for everyone to take awesome pictures, etc... but the theming and buildup of the ride is destroyed.

Disney stayed true to the legend in its planning of the ride... and the arguments against EE's design are not applicable.

bhg469

If you don't like it, don't ride it end of! Nobody actually cares if you don't like it, if you don't like the yeti the ride or anything JUST DON'T RIDE IT.
This thread is pointless.

I disagree completely. You asked "who cares?" I do, and so do alot of other members... People have a right to give their opinion and that is exactly what is happening, if you can't respect that don't comment dude. When i give my opinion about an attraction its the god's honest truth. I for one did not like philharmagic at all and felt it inferior to all the 3d attractions wdw has to offer. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

I myself have not ridden EE yet and I cannot wait! its going to be about 30 days and I will be more than happy to come in here and give my honest opinion. I was last there when the mountain was getting color so the only thing i can give an opinion on is how it dominated the skyline and it is truely an amazing structure.

jaredliu

I will explain this again for several of those who obviously are missing the point entirely with this attraction.

The Yeti according to the legend is a mythical figure, that is rarely, if ever seen. Those that claim to have seen it only get brief glimpses.

And the attraction captures this legend in accurate detail. The Yeti is only briefly seen, because that is all other explorers or locals have ever seen of the creature.
If the Yeti was at the second stop in full view with his arm waving up and down at the train occupants for 5-10 seconds... then the legend and story is not given any justice.
Yeah it would be great to see the technological wonder in all its glory long enough for everyone to take awesome pictures, etc... but the theming and buildup of the ride is destroyed.

Disney stayed true to the legend in its planning of the ride... and the arguments against EE's design are not applicable.
This must be a perfect story for disney suits to creat a ride. The biggest show scene need only be seen for a glimp of second,if not been seen at all, in order to stay ture with. And then people will come back because guests who blink at the wrong moment or who are unfortunate to catch the B mode may need to ride again to check out the legendary AA figure that is reported to cost millions of dollars. It works for me. When the first time I rode it, it was in B mode. I felt that really need to see it again because I don't want to walk out of the park without even seeing the thing that Disney was hyping so hard. Well I did see it finally in movement, but felt that our monster is a little shy. Well, I guess I was told that is the "right way" to experience it, so it must be me being very negative. Oh well.

sknydave

If you don't like it, don't ride it end of! If you don't like the yeti the ride or anything JUST DON'T RIDE IT.

I edited my post for the person who moaned about it :)

This thread is for people who want to complain about Expedition Everest. If YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T READ IT.

agent86

Original Poster

This just seems like a very convenient excuse to get away with going cheap on an attraction.

Following this logic, the Haunted Mansion should also feature nothing more than very brief glimpses of ghosts, and few (if any) should be full on apparitions. The rest should be nothing more than a few glowing "orbs" and maybe some cold spots and odd noises thrown in. This would be "staying true to the legend" of most alleged ghost sightings.

plutoismyhero

are you serious why do people always bash disney rides disney rides are unique they do not have to be exactly like real life wow i cant believe you people are like that if you are gonna bash rides like HM and EE get out of disney we dont need you. you want thrill rides go to cedar point or six flags if you are really gonna bash disney rides why go to disney there

Peabody

I want to see the darn Yeti work. I moved to FL a few weeks ago, have been multiple times and apparently he's been broken for weeks. I casually asked the CM if the yeti was working yesterday, and to my surprise he said the AA had been down for quite a while because it was discovered the yeti cracked it's foundation! (You would think it would have to be big to be down for so long during peak times)

bingie

are you serious why do people always bash disney rides disney rides are unique they do not have to be exactly like real life wow i cant believe you people are like that if you are gonna bash rides like HM and EE get out of disney we dont need you. you want thrill rides go to cedar point or six flags if you are really gonna bash disney rides why go to disney there

:brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Capital letters and punctuation are your friends.

jaredliu

I want to see the darn Yeti work. I moved to FL a few weeks ago, have been multiple times and apparently he's been broken for weeks. I casually asked the CM if the yeti was working yesterday, and to my surprise he said the AA had been down for quite a while because it was discovered the yeti cracked it's foundation! (You would think it would have to be big to be down for so long during peak times)
I got a feeling that this Yeti will be broken down more and more often as time goes by. It's only been what, 2 years old? I hope the Yeti won't end up like the walking Carnotaurus in Dinosaur. (I have never seen it chasing guests)

TekunoRobby

I love Expedition Everest but its a pretty awful roller coaster all things considered. The Yeti also seems to be perpetually broken down which is a real shame.

Then again I've been to Eejanaika in Fuji Q Highland and nothing really compares. :ROFLOL:

Peabody

I got a feeling that this Yeti will be broken down more and more often as time goes by. It's only been what, 2 years old? I hope the Yeti won't end up like the walking Carnotaurus in Dinosaur. (I have never seen it chasing guests)

Funny...half a dozen trips to DAK and I've never not seen that work!

Just want to see the Yeti work at least once!! (It would also be nice to see hopping Brer Rabbit...haven't seen him work in years, though I've heard it's about 50% nowadays...)

TekunoRobby

I hope the Yeti won't end up like the walking Carnotaurus in Dinosaur. (I have never seen it chasing guests)
You must have incredibly bad luck since I've seen it consistently work every single time I go to Animal Kingdom.

Just want to see the Yeti work at least once!! (It would also be nice to see hopping Brer Rabbit...haven't seen him work in years, though I've heard it's about 50% nowadays...)
Brer Rabbit hopping along in Splash Mountain has been working for a few weeks. That's what you meant right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom