Expedition Everest Floor Letters

dflye

Original Poster
So I'm finally looking at the pics I took during my most recent trip back in May, and had forgotten I snapped one pick of EE while shepherding some newbie friends to the less-than-spectacular Tarzan show (I thought the monkeys rollerbladed up the aisles and out into the lower part of the crowd in the past, but not any more?)

Anywho, was zooming in on the EE shot (with an 8MP camera, shooting at 3264 x 2448, half the time I have no clue what details I'll find until inspecting in iPhoto at home) I noticed signs on each level of the scaffolding on the main mountain.

The part I found odd, they started at level K (the current lowest level they were applying skin at the time the photo was taken), and ended at level Z, which was at least two levels below the very top.

It is hard to tell in the only photo I have, and I haven't found any other zoomed in shots on the top of the main mountain, so I'm wondering what the signs for the levels above Z are?

Since the picture I took was fairly wide-angle, the top of the mountain is somewhat out of focus, while the base is pretty clear. However, even in the fuzzy upper bits, the last sign I can find is at level Z, with no apparent signage above that point!

Guess it is just another mystery for the Yeti! :)

The image below is a cropped portion of the original shot (as WDWMagic apparently doesn't allow photos > 1024x768, otherwise I'd just suck up some storage space and post the original pic :cry: ) Guess I could host it on .Mac, but I'm too lazy tonight :D

EEFloors.jpg

MicBat

I remember seeing the same thing. My guess is that it labeled the different layers. The letters dont go to "Z" because there aren't that many layers. This is just a guess on my part. Anyone know anything official??

JMagicFink

by the way

Just to jump back to the beginning of your post...
Tarzan performs what they call a "water show" when it has rained. During the rain show, there are no fancy jumps, just quick straight jumps over the ramp. They also don't skate into the audience during the "water show."
OH, and I love the pictures of the layers and their labels. That is awesome!
I totally did not notice that before!

Tom

Beta Return
Being in construction, I can tell you that the letter do indeed label the levels of scaffolding, making it easier to tell workers where they're working that day, telling cranes where to stack material, and for tracking work progress. They probably started with A, at the very bottom and went up - and then ended up having two more rows of scaffolding than they had letters. They could call them AA and BB, but it's probalby just as easy to say, "The top level" or "The second from the top" or even "The one above Z".

Very keen of you to notice though!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm a frequent user of scaffolding up to 50 feet high (that's about my fear factor limit), I would give anything to be able to have a crane to put the final pieces of scaffolding together up in the air instead of having to manhandle the pieces up individually!!

As far as the numbering system, I would imagine that different companies have different indexing methods for over 26 levels (i.e. AA, BB, CC or A1, B1, C1 or 1, 2, 3)

Tom

Beta Return
Vernonpush said:
If I'm remembering correctly, the part above level Z was built on the ground then lifted to the top as the last piece.

You make a valid point. Whether it's true or not, it's very logical! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom