Expedition Everest effects status watch

Bairstow

So as of now, May 2017, what in Everest actually works? I'm bringing a newbie and I wanna show them how impressive the ride is in October, but Disco Yeti may be a turn off lol.

If you're bringing a first-timer, the key is not to mention all the stuff that's not working, either before or after. Just let them enjoy it and they probably will. All the ambiance and the mountain itself are still really impressive, and the strobe light effect is surprisingly effective at fooling people into thinking the yeti is still moving. All the false alarms in this thread about people who have ridden the attraction over the years and swear they saw the figure move is proof enough of that.

Doug Means

If you're bringing a first-timer, the key is not to mention all the stuff that's not working, either before or after. Just let them enjoy it and they probably will. All the ambiance and the mountain itself are still really impressive, and the strobe light effect is surprisingly effective at fooling people into thinking the yeti is still moving. All the false alarms in this thread about people who have ridden the attraction over the years and swear they saw the figure move is proof enough of that.

i think some people who get to ride it a lot and see stuff, forget the entire ride experience for those of us who don't. From the walk up to it and just seeing the mountain, the details in the Queue, and the roller coaster is a good enough thrill for people who like roller coasters. there are a lot of little details that may not be working but most people don't know about that (so they won't know to look for it). there is enough great detail that the average person can still enjoy it over and over again. i was lucky enough to see the yeti work the 1st time i rode it (i lived near there for 5 years). but the steam and the bird are things i didn't think about until people started saying they weren't working. now i look for it when i go to see myself. i wouldn't have, except for forums like this.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
i think some people who get to ride it a lot and see stuff, forget the entire ride experience for those of us who don't. From the walk up to it and just seeing the mountain, the details in the Queue, and the roller coaster is a good enough thrill for people who like roller coasters. there are a lot of little details that may not be working but most people don't know about that (so they won't know to look for it). there is enough great detail that the average person can still enjoy it over and over again. i was lucky enough to see the yeti work the 1st time i rode it (i lived near there for 5 years). but the steam and the bird are things i didn't think about until people started saying they weren't working. now i look for it when i go to see myself. i wouldn't have, except for forums like this.
And them some of us don't try to look for every single little thing that may or may not be working, and just enjoy the attraction. A weird concept around here, I know.

Surfin' Tuna

Just take the first timer and don't spoil the ride by telling him that nothing works. After the ride, tell him how scary and great it was when the Yeti swings his arm at you. Then in a few months he might find this board and post about how it was working the first time he rode it.

In all honesty, I do find the hair ties more annoying than the disco yeti. I just ignore him, but I can't ignore the hair ties. If I knew, I had forgotten it was for good luck at the cheer competitions.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Pandora opens this month. How long do you think it'll take them to yank EE for the refurb it needs?

Cesar R M

Since the fix for the Yeti has nothing to do with taking EE offline, the answer is: probably never.
Speaking of the AA.. I wonder, would the AA be already damaged beyond repair thanks to being immobile for too long?
Ie, if they have to fix it, they would need to completely rebuild it?

Bairstow

What is wrong...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...cts-status-watch.171808/page-142#post-7514980

The cost...who knows, but it was enough to where neither operations or WDI want to get stuck picking up the check, hence the reason it is still not fixed.

Ah. So not only does the entire figure need to be replaced with a completely different design that's easier to maintain, but the entire area around the figure would have to be redesigned to allow that maintenance to be done safely.

...so if we're being even slightly realistic, none of that will ever happen.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Speaking of the AA.. I wonder, would the AA be already damaged beyond repair thanks to being immobile for too long?
Ie, if they have to fix it, they would need to completely rebuild it?
As I understand it, they are looking at a 100% swap out to do it correctly.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
As I understand it, they are looking at a 100% swap out to do it correctly.
So, have they been building the new AA (Considering you said they're doing a 100% swap) all this time, or have they just been delaying for whatever reason? Also, considering that the "Overhead arm swing" is apparently a n-no right now, would he be above us still, or would they put the new yeti in a different spot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom