Expedition Everest effects status watch

PREMiERdrum

Notes from this past Thursday, March 28th.

We were on the first EE train of the day thanks to a pre-opening private attraction and breakfast experience I booked for my group.

We stopped fully at the last block brake before the yeti, releasing and rolling slowly into the scene. Reaching the cave there was no strobe light firing at all, and fairly bright blue show lighting. You could see his details clear as day as he was very well lit. Obviously he wasn't moving.

On three subsequent rides that day, the strobe light *was* firing, but the bright blue show lighting remained on in full. While it made his lack of motion more obvious, it was great to see his scale and details again.

Not sure what it means - if anything - but I figured it was worth noting here.

Last edited:

JohnD

We were on the first EE train of the day thanks to a re-opening private attraction and breakfast experience I booked for my group.

We stopped fully at the last block brake before the yeti, releasing and rolling slowly into the scene. Reaching the cave there was no strobe light firing at all, and fairly bright blue show lighting. You could see his details clear as day as he was very well lit. Obviously he wasn't moving.

On three subsequent rides that day, the strobe light *was* firing, but the bright blue show lighting remained on in full. While it made his lack of motion more obvious, it was great to see his scale and details again.

If Joe Rhode is going to lead, or be part of an effort, to retheme Dinoland into Tropical Americas, can't that team be bothered to put some love into Everest and restore the Yeti?

JohnD

I hope that’s not what they’re doing…
Rethemes are just moving deck chairs around
They've been pretty clear on that. I'm not sure why you're debating that. It's just a matter of time. Back to my point, as long as they are there, why not go over several hundred feet and do something with the yeti.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They've been pretty clear on that. I'm not sure why you're debating that. It's just a matter of time. Back to my point, as long as they are there, why not go over several hundred feet and do something with the yeti.
The staging area on the permits filed does not imply reskin

And of course…a reskin doesn’t solve the problem at the park unless it includes significant expansion

GCTales

Can they? Yes

Will they? They have pretty much made it clear they have no interest in doing so.

mergatroid

We were on the first EE train of the day thanks to a pre-opening private attraction and breakfast experience I booked for my group.

I'm in the minority of the people on here who isn't bothered by the lack of movement (or B mode) particularly. I understand many are and I'm not trying to change their minds when I explain this. Whenever I rode Everest when the Yeti was working which I did numerous times, I was always disappointed by it. I think the speed you travelled past it didn't do justice to the detail that was put into it. It was always blink and you miss it and always left me thinking "Was that really it". I always used to think the better way of displaying the animatronic to a guest in a fast moving vehicle would have been to have a longish tunnel in a straight line with the Yeti at the end. That way you'd have a few seconds view of it as you approached to take it in with it swiping his arm towards you as you got closer, the way it was just felt a waste to me.

I'm sure hardly anyone will agree which is fine, it's just the way I feel about it.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I'm in the minority of the people on here who isn't bothered by the lack of movement (or B mode) particularly. I understand many are and I'm not trying to change their minds when I explain this. Whenever I rode Everest when the Yeti was working which I did numerous times, I was always disappointed by it. I think the speed you travelled past it didn't do justice to the detail that was put into it. It was always blink and you miss it and always left me thinking "Was that really it". I always used to think the better way of displaying the animatronic to a guest in a fast moving vehicle would have been to have a longish tunnel in a straight line with the Yeti at the end. That way you'd have a few seconds view of it as you approached to take it in with it swiping his arm towards you as you got closer, the way it was just felt a waste to me.

I'm sure hardly anyone will agree which is fine, it's just the way I feel about it.
I know what you mean. As someone who saw the A-Mode several times, I was always disappointed by how little you could see. That being said, them letting an animatronic sit static for fifteen years is completely unacceptable.

PREMiERdrum

With this new lighting - assuming it's intentional and sticks around - a little articulation to his reach and perhaps his neck would do a ton.

While the original animation was incredible, it could only be fully appreciated outside of the normal pace of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom