Expedition Everest Challenge

Nordo

Did anyone do the Expedition Everest Challenge last year? It's a 5K followed by an obstacle course then a scavenger hunt...? I just saw something about it and I will be there at that time. Is it worth the entry fee? Was it REALLY crowded or just slightly mobbed? Any info would be great. It's on the day we arrive, so we are totally up in the air.

HollyBelle

My boyfriend and I participated in the inaugural event and I actually included a review of it in my September 08 trip report if you want to check it out. It starts in post # 59 on the following page and includes a few photos: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=363799&page=4

To answer your questions I would say that it was a lot of fun and yes it is worth the entry fee. I recall the fee included a one-day park ticket, which was worthless to us because we are annual passholders (so it did make the race a bit expensive, especially for a 5K).

As for the crowds, I found that during the run they were manageable (probably due to the wave starts), but the crowds at the "exclusive" post race party were a nightmare. Every participant and what seemed to be 5-6 family members apiece was milling about in AK with only three operating rides: Kali, Everest and Dinosaur.

It was an inaugural race so hopefully the issues I had will be addressed before 2009's event. My two big issues being the overly crowded post race party and ridiculously long wait time before wave starts.

If you have any more specific questions, please just ask! If you decide to do it, I'm sure you'll have a blast... and what a fun way to begin your trip!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom