Expansion Plot Maps

Kamikaze

Thanks for all those. Interesting to see what TDO has to work with. Also, the studios cant fit RSR in any of those expansion plots

241s1vo.jpg

Because it would be impossible to have a different track than at DLR, right?

disneysroyal411

I don't know if someone said this but, Aurora's#1fan, your picture's track is backwards. You turn it 180 degrees so that RSR is on the other side of the track.

MarkTwain

I think we gotta account for the proverbial bulldozer more in this case. :lol:

Like others said, there are a number of spots where things currently exist that could someday be the home of future expansion.

In the MK, I doubt the Imagineers would give great pause to building something large-scale (like the FLE) on the site of the ho-hum Indy Speedway, or on the parking lot behind Main Street.

In DHS, I would bet those trailers behind One Man's Dream are relatively temporary structures, or at least they were built to be. If the time comes that Disney wanted to do some serious expansion to DHS, that would be some pretty nice real estate to build on. Give the CMs somewhere more permanent and and space-efficient to work, and let DHS grow as it needs to.

And in the AK, Joe Rhode has been quoted as saying that Dino-Rama was built to be disassembled in a matter of days. ;) So read into that as you like.

Add an MK plot in the parking area (leaving room for deliveries) south of Buzz ;)

Agreed. :lol:

Interesting pictures. I think that your drawings for the World Showcase are a bit ambitious though. If you put new countries or even expansions into a lot of those areas you lose the buffer between each one of the countries. Having those trees there really help to immerse you into countries themselves. I don't think there are too many spots where you can see the country directly next to the one you are in.

That being said I am sure disney could find a way to pull it off.

I'm not sure the Imagineers initially planned on some of those in-between areas as being vacant though. As Werner Weiss noted in his newest Yesterland article, those sites are (or were) seen as spaces for future expansion in World Showcase. Having those trees in place may be a nice buffer, but I don't think having two hundred feet of shrubs is as beneficial to World Showcase as a new country would be.

Besides, Norway and China are directly adjacent, and I don't know of any serious thematic intrusions between those.

PhilharMagician

Isn't the plot just North of Space outside the railroad tracks also a possible expansion location. Also the employee parking lot locked between Main St and Tomorrowland.

misterID

Man, I hope some of the stuff that was planned for the WS Africa pavilion ends up in AK. A dark ride attraction based on those shows would be incredible.

hansel1

Since this topic gets broached every once in a while, I thought it would be helpful if I posted some maps with expansion areas outlined in red. These are based on insider claims, others' graphics (i.e. Martin) and some educated guesses. Let me know if I missed any. :wave:

magickingdom_expansion.jpg

Magic Kingdom

After recently riding the train to the north of fantasy land, I could see bulldozing goin on about 20 feet from the northern arc of the rail road. So you may want to extend that fantasy land plot closer to the tracks north. It looks like they will being using most of that land including the roadway.

Rob562

After recently riding the train to the north of fantasy land, I could see bulldozing goin on about 20 feet from the northern arc of the rail road. So you may want to extend that fantasy land plot closer to the tracks north. It looks like they will being using most of that land including the roadway.

That's not part of the actual Fantasyland Expansion, but rather is a staging area for the project. Nothing involving Guest areas will be built there. The backstage access road is the delineation of the edge of the construction area.

-Rob

mahnamahna101

Isn't the plot just North of Space outside the railroad tracks also a possible expansion location. Also the employee parking lot locked between Main St and Tomorrowland.
Could become one if TDO was willing to rework the backstage areas. Doing that would allow 3-4 more Tomorrowland attractions alongside the addition between Space and CoP. Not to mention Stitch and Laugh Floor and Buzz are all easily replaced ;)

Then, the Speedway could be used entirely for future Fantasyland expansion. Plus the area behind IASW/Mermaid if TDO spent $500 million-$1 billion reworking all of the backstage areas in MK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could become one if TDO was willing to rework the backstage areas. Doing that would allow 3-4 more Tomorrowland attractions alongside the addition between Space and CoP. Not to mention Stitch and Laugh Floor and Buzz are all easily replaced ;)

Then, the Speedway could be used entirely for future Fantasyland expansion. Plus the area behind IASW/Mermaid if TDO spent $500 million-$1 billion reworking all of the backstage areas in MK.

I am normally not a fan of thread bumps but the maps in this thread are very useful.

BJones82

Lol.... I wasn't looking at the dates on the original posts so I was reading this like... Avatarland is going there... And the expansion to Sourin is there.... And what about the dead space at DHS that was the Backlot tour... Then I realized these posts were over 5 years old.......

MonorailLover

Lol.... I wasn't looking at the dates on the original posts so I was reading this like... *** Avatarland is going there... And the expansion to Sourin is there.... And what about the dead space at DHS that was the Backlot tour... Then I realized these posts were over 5 years old.......

The only problem with bumps.....

TXDisney

With no for sure expansions being released recently it's pretty optimistic to think Disney starts expanding rapidly. The big picture is that they're not short on space really, especially at Epcot and Ak. With a couple of their biggest expansions in years in fantasyland and Avatarland recently I don't see anything drastic and big happening soon. I'm a huge fan of expanding WS, but how big the festivals have gotten, they like that space I think.

DManRightHere

Interesting pictures. I think that your drawings for the World Showcase are a bit ambitious though. If you put new countries or even expansions into a lot of those areas you lose the buffer between each one of the countries. Having those trees there really help to immerse you into countries themselves. I don't think there are too many spots where you can see the country directly next to the one you are in.

That being said I am sure disney could find a way to pull it off.

That is true, but Disney could potentially build beyond the buffer area and have entrances at the existibg countries. I thought they were already doing that for Norway? I haven't looked that much into it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom