Expansion Coming?

UNCgolf

They could definitely use more dining at Disney Springs. It's higher quality across the board (i.e. both QS and TS) than the vast majority of dining available elsewhere on property, so one or two more TS restaurants and a few more QS would really help. We usually eat a lot of meals at DS because it's just better food.

mightynine

I wonder if they could be talking about building a proper multi-modal station around the Brightline stop, with Disney buses and whatever other modes of transport that can be feasibly added part of the mix.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Springs need more late-night entertainment. I know PI is closed, done and gone but when Springs is a ghost town by 11pm because everything is closed....

Even if they just kept the west side open late. Build some bars, comedy club, karaoke, SOMETHING to keep people there late.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I wonder if whatever direction they are going in, if they really even are considering a Disney Springs expansion right now, will factor in the transportation hub that was never built. I know someone here mentioned that years ago, that when DS was being built out they wanted to take future transportation into account. I'll have to go back and try to find the post!

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I wonder if whatever direction they are going in, if they really even are considering a Disney Springs expansion right now, will factor in the transportation hub that was never built. I know someone here mentioned that years ago, that when DS was being built out they wanted to take future transportation into account. I'll have to go back and try to find the post!
I think others (marni maybe) have also commented on an east-west transit line of some sort along BV BLVD. It could hit a lot of stops Springs-typhoon-OKW-Riviera-Crescent lake resorts/studios-Coronado- blizzard- all stars ... add a a connector up world drive to the TTC and we almost have a real transit system!

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Found the quote
Interesting... doesn’t appear to be much room there, unless they remove the retention pond? Or it goes across the street?
3B404A95-CFA4-421D-BF1C-505F1788FE01.png

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Interesting... doesn’t appear to be much room there, unless they remove the retention pond? Or it goes across the street?View attachment 620078

I think a skyliner station is destined for Disney Springs. It could work in either spot you mention or right behind the NBA experience building.

I do think the location of the station also would be dependent on where the eventual Brightline station goes.

TikibirdLand

I think a skyliner station is destined for Disney Springs. It could work in either spot you mention or right behind the NBA experience building.

I do think the location of the station also would be dependent on where the eventual Brightline station goes.
Would the skyliner go down because visitors bringing too much luggage into the car? I do know they can load them offline. But, It'd be pretty funny watching the wire droop due to overloading. "I'm sorry ma'am, your purse pushed us over the limit. It's either you or it..."

castlecake2.0

Original Poster

Last I heard the east/west transit project was something street level

Brummyboy92

I don't want to create a new thread for this, & this thread seems close enough. Are there any plans in the pipeline, or rumours for some sort of Fox store? I think Disney Springs would obviously be the best location for such a store, cashing in on popular IPs, but at the same time, keeping them out of the parks as they don't fall under the "classic Disney" umbrella.

Surely Simpsons, Futurama, Bobs Burgers, Family Guy, Ice Age, etc could warrant some sort of store, specific to that part of the business? Don't come for me though, appreciate this may not be a popular opinion. :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I don't want to create a new thread for this, & this thread seems close enough. Are there any plans in the pipeline, or rumours for some sort of Fox store? I think Disney Springs would obviously be the best location for such a store, cashing in on popular IPs, but at the same time, keeping them out of the parks as they don't fall under the "classic Disney" umbrella.

Surely Simpsons, Futurama, Bobs Burgers, Family Guy, Ice Age, etc could warrant some sort of store, specific to that part of the business? Don't come for me though, appreciate this may not be a popular opinion. :)
I'm sure because of Universal - that won't happen. Just like they have to be careful with what Marvel stuff they have

World_Showcase_Lover007

I have little faith in any Disney expansion, but especially at Disney Springs. Whatever they’re planning, you can count on it being very underwhelming and veryoverpriced while also being unneeded/unwanted. Probably another mediocre cookie shop and a LensCrafters. If you’re lucky they’ll throw together a kiosk selling fidget spinners as a bonus.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was rumor years ago that once the DS update was done, then Marketplace would be 'updated.' That hasn't taken place.

Last I heard the east/west transit project was something street level
Martin hinted it was a dedicated road (tho, what kind of transport on that road is an open question), but, that the road didn't always have to be street level.

Skyliner connections have been Blue Sky for a long time according to some of our sources, and WDW isn't ready to expand it.

Either one *could* be part of a expansion/upgrade, or not. Things change.

The best guess so far of where Brightline will come in is across Beuna Vista Dr. next to Team Disney.

I can’t see Disney Springs expanding any time soon. They are having a hard time keeping what they have. they still have to figure out what to do with the empty NBA experience.
They don't have a hard time keeping what they have. The smaller stores don't have any greater turnover than any upscale mall. They've been opening more restaurants and some are expanding. If there were having trouble, there would be *empty* stores. But any renter that goes, the space gets filled with a new renter: Chicken Guy, Homecoming expansion, Ron Jon, City Works & Pour House. Pre-COVID there was Jaléo and Terralina.

The failure of NBA and the failure of Beatrix to rebuild on top of the razed Bongos is not a sign of widespread loss.

It's actually surprising there weren't a lot of closures during the pandemic. DS had almost all of its restaurants operating while the park restaurants were struggling to reopen.

tcool123

I would welcome another dining option in the Marketplace area, I feel like its the biggest thing missing there. Especially since nothing ever replaced Wolfgang Puck Express, and it could help alleviate the pressure that Earl of Sandwich gets since its the only quick service in the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom