Expansion Coming?

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I’m trying to piece together some things. Josh has been touring Springs lately and discussing “DSE”. Disney Springs Expansion? Something else? Has anyone heard any whispers?

roj2323

I’m trying to piece together some things. Josh has been touring Springs lately and discussing “DSE”. Disney Springs Expansion? Something else? Has anyone heard any whispers?
If it were to happen it would be on the "west side" by Cirque and likely have a tie in for the proposed Brightline station. That said, Brightline (if it happens at all) is like 6-10 years away so I don't see it happening anytime soon. As for more generic expansion / remodeling, I don't see it happening any time soon as they are already having trouble keeping retail space filled and the economy, while recovering has not been kind to Retail box store sales as people spent 18 months buying stuff online and they discovered they liked it.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I can’t see Disney Springs expanding any time soon. They are having a hard time keeping what they have. they still have to figure out what to do with the empty NBA experience.
The NBA area will be a challenge to reinvigorate, but other than that most retail that’s left has quickly been filled by new tenants. Could be more dining as well, not just retail. Something of interest is happening here...

maxairmike

I'd guess DSE is just referring to Disney Signature Experiences (DCL/ABD/DVC), so probably nothing exciting like an expansion. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing that spot next to Cirque filled with a nice, modern building, though.

seascape

Any expansion of Disney Springs in the West Side parking lot should be aimed at small attractions like the Titanic Experience and other IDrive attractions. Adding 4 or 5 smaller things to do would help the retail stores and keep more people on property. Plus, I still think they should turn the NBA Experience into a Broadway style theatures and have Disney on Broadway shows. I would love to have Disney have 3 or 4 shows a year. I know I would go to see one every September and if there were another show another one on one of my other trips.

Richie248

Plus, I still think they should turn the NBA Experience into a Broadway style theatures and have Disney on Broadway shows. I would love to have Disney have 3 or 4 shows a year. I know I would go to see one every September and if there were another show another one on one of my other trips.
Agree 100%. I still don't understand why they don't stage Broadway style shows at Disney Springs. They could either mount new shows (expensive) or move shows that have closed on Broadway or on Tour (less expensive). I would definitely buy tickets!

Bocabear

A Broadway style theater with complete unedited stagings of their closed Broadway productions would be a wonderful addition...I am sure there are many that would love to have seen the original staging of Beauty and The Beast, Little Mermaid, and even Tarzan...As well as Aladdin and Lion King. Not everyone can access good quality theater...they could tie a restaurant in the way the Soundstage Bar used to be with thematic decor that would change with each production... It would also be a good venue to try out new productions bound for Broadway.. Add a cabaret theater and Piano Bar and it would make a great evening entertainment district..

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
A Broadway style theater with complete unedited stagings of their closed Broadway productions would be a wonderful addition...I am sure there are many that would love to have seen the original staging of Beauty and The Beast, Little Mermaid, and even Tarzan...As well as Aladdin and Lion King. Not everyone can access good quality theater...they could tie a restaurant in the way the Soundstage Bar used to be with thematic decor that would change with each production... It would also be a good venue to try out new productions bound for Broadway.. Add a cabaret theater and Piano Bar and it would make a great evening entertainment district..
But...I wonder if Cirque has a non-compete clause?

J4546

this is off topic but i wanna see some updates on the downtown disney area in paris, arent they supposed to be getting a massive overhaul and expansion

PrinceCharming617

I wonder if they would make resorts above the shops and restaurants. It would be great to book an appointment for Gideon's and then go jump in the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom