Expanding EPCOT

grimghost999

Original Poster
For a while, EPCOT has stayed the same. Everyone in the Disney Universe is crossing their fingers for something new coming to EPCOT (new country in World Showcase, new attraction, referbishments, etc.)

If you would put something new or bring back something old from past years, what would it be and why?

Personally, I would bring back the old Joury into your Imagination attraction, and add another ride, probably a little bit more thrilling to World Showcase.

I'm super nostalgic about 90's Epcot..so of course I would want to bring things back. However, technology and progress need to be taken into consideration and I understand that.

Even though I don't especially enjoy Test Track or Mission: Space, in my reality I know that they could never be re-replaced by World of Motion and Horizons. However, a brand new Imagination show/ride would be great--as would a revamped Wonders of Life pavilion and the inclusion of Tomorrow's Child in a new Spaceship Earth descent. I'm far more concerned about Future Worlds' current condition than I am any new counties in World Showcase (although a new ride somewhere in WS would be nice..)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This would be better in General discussion wouldn`t it?

Or chit chat considering it has been discussed so often....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
For a while, EPCOT has stayed the same. Everyone in the Disney Universe is crossing their fingers for something new coming to EPCOT (new country in World Showcase, new attraction, referbishments, etc.)

If you would put something new or bring back something old from past years, what would it be and why?

Personally, I would bring back the old Joury into your Imagination attraction, and add another ride, probably a little bit more thrilling to World Showcase.

Wonders of Life pavilion with some new attractions/shows to replace Making of Me, Goofy About Health, and Anacomical Players. Either that or (this idea from someone else that i really liked about it), Change it to a weather pavilion and dump soarin' there then bring back Kitchen Kabaret or Food Rocks at The Land pavilion. Or replace the Circle of Life movie with a new animatronic show, after all, they have a big stage there just for a movie, ? :lookaroun :lol:

Captain EO is finally back but as I assume it won't last but maybe another 2 or 3 years so maybe a Magic Journeys tribute? Then the original JII, or at least a new one with Dreamfinder. Then do something with the current Imageworks (perhaps an Imagination pavilion gift shop) and re-open/refurbish the original imageworks.

Replace Test Track with a new dark ride, something similar to world of motion but a little more entertaining, or I may not mind keeping test track.

Demolish Mission: Space for Horizons :lol::ROFLOL:

Original entrance to Ice Station Cool. Make Maelstrom convert from a 30 second ride to a 10 minute ride. Then add those other boat rides Epcot was going to have around world showcase.

the seas, spaceship earth, innoventions, and ellen's energy adventure are all fine to me.

jmuboy

Imagine a new Figment Imagination ride with TDL's Honey Hunt technology? That's the next thing for EPCOT I'd like to see.

After that I would like to see the energy ride updated with current 2011 information. Not replaced or removed. Same ride, better more current info.

3rd in line would be a new ride or marque attraction for World Showcase in a country with not attraction currently.

Glasgow

EPCOT is mainly focused on progress, so please please please bring something new!! The whole reason for it's being is to showcase (pun intended) man's development .. no need to go backwards. If you want nostalgia then go down the road to MK .. Having said that, I do miss Horizons! ;)

Anyway, the WoL building MUST be a priority .. what bad show to leave a building unoccupied for so long. It's almost unbelievable to me it has sat idle this long. Surely that will be the next attraction.

raven

Its` been more than imagined. TDO baulked at the cost.

That's largely because one of the major factors in that technology is that the floor of the attraction needs to be all the same elevation. JII hasa constant elevation change and they would need to gut the entire building (aka start from scratch) to incorporate it.

Besides the technology is already in use, albiet an older version, in UOE.

pumpkin7

they need to do something with the wonders of life pavillion definately. it's just sitting there waiting to be used! it's a beautiful building too. it's a shame it's doing nothing. maybe do something new with buzzy, seen as he's still there, and keep the 'life' theme too.

Disney Rocks

WOL with updated attractions
Horizons 2.0 for Mission:Space
Dreamfinder in JII
Evict Nemo from Living Seas

That would be my dream Future World

DisneyNut2007

Horizons 2.0 for Mission:Space
Evict Nemo from Living Seas

That would be my dream Future World

Well, that's one dream that can never come true. It's not realistic enough! Horizons is never returning in ANY capacity and Nemo will never leave The Seas.

Don't choose regression over progression.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom