Exotic tastes!

kasey1988

Original Poster
Hello, Im planning on traveling with a friend who has an exotic taste for foods and enjoys new things. I was just wondering what places do you suggest?
I was thinking:
Jiko or Ohanas, ive never been to either but im interested in other suggestions as well!

k.hunter30

I'd go with Jiko over Ohanas for exactic foods. Honestly, I might try Boma over Jiko too--you'd be able to sample a larger variety of exotic food there. I've never been to Jiko, but Boma is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW.

kstella

I think the exotic in terms of outside our normal American fare would be well handled with most of the restaurants in WS at Epcot.

KingStefan

Jiko, from what I've heard, and I also vote for Epcot WS, especially Morocco. Also, Norway.

'Ohana is pretty good, but the food is not really exotic.

Victoria and Albert's if you want to splurge for the big bucks and you are really an lover of restaurant experience and fabulous food. Worth every penny, IMO, but I can't afford to do it every trip.

I haven't been to Citricos, but it shares a kitchen with V&As, and a friend said you can get some of the same type of food as in V&As, but just not so many courses, and overall the cost is less.

Great cuban at Bongos Downtown.

I haven't been to Artist's Point, but it has dishes like Cedar Plank Salmon, and Buffalo Steak. Expensive, but with good reviews.

The food is surprisingly good at Cindy's RT for lunch and dinner. I'd recommend dinner for adults without kids. Choices are limited but delish.

I've never been to the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, and I haven't heard much about it, but they advertise "creative cuisine", and their menu looks interesting.

Yak & Yeti is new, and has received mixed reviews. Their food is claimed to be "pan-asian", but it sounds like it is asian-like american made-up stuff. Still, it's a bit different.

That's all I can think of.

tigsmom

Boma or Jiko at the AKL
Marrakesh in Epcot
Sunshine Seasons in Epcot for a quick different meal
Akershus, San Angel or Biergarten also in Epcot
Narcoossee's at the GF
Artist Point at the WL
'Ohana at the Poly
Bongos at DTD

KingStefan

I didn't think Bongos was that good to be honest with you... :shrug:

To be honest, I haven't eaten there since 1999. When I went, we walked in without a reservation and got lucky. We got seated just in time for the floor show, which featured a Desi Arnez impersonator who was really good. They sat us upstairs, near the railing, just overlooking the stage. And we thought the food was FABULOUS.

I stopped by in 2005 to see what it was like, and it was a latino disco, with a totally different atmosphere. I didn't hear much English spoken inside. I asked about the floor show, and the people who worked there didn't even know what I was talking about. I was very disappointed. So I wouldn't be surprised if the food was entirely different now as well.

lpet11984

I've never been to the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, and I haven't heard much about it, but they advertise "creative cuisine", and their menu looks interesting.

Definitely Flying Fish as well- really great food, menu changes frequently to accommodate to what's in season and whatever the chef may have to be creative with. Service was fantastic as well- can't recommend it enough!

imagine_82

I'd go with Jiko over Ohanas for exactic foods. Honestly, I might try Boma over Jiko too--you'd be able to sample a larger variety of exotic food there. I've never been to Jiko, but Boma is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW.

i'm with you...boma over jiko so you can try a bit of everything! especially the mini desserts...:p

kasey1988

Original Poster
I defintally will let you guys all know! Thanks for all the great suggestions, were going to pick up some disney brochurs soon and are waiting for our planning dvd, then we will get looking at where to eat... Ill defintally eat at boma or jiko, ive never been to AKL and would love to see it!

imagine_82

I defintally will let you guys all know! Thanks for all the great suggestions, were going to pick up some disney brochurs soon and are waiting for our planning dvd, then we will get looking at where to eat... Ill defintally eat at boma or jiko, ive never been to AKL and would love to see it!

AKL is awesome! There's a lot to look at there, and the design is very impressive. Enjoy! :)

Tiggerfanatic

Here's my vote for Boma and Marrakesh. Had a great meal at both places - try to time it so you can see the belly dancers at Marrakesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom