Existing Fantasyland exteriors refurbishment

Studios Fan

I love the architecture the Village Haus uses.

Don't remember seeing those flags before...

That new building in the back I don't remember seeing. Either way nice way to use perspective it seems as if it was a far off village or something...

Friar Nooks

Seven Dwarfs' Mine

Thanks for the updates.

DisneyParksFan1

Consistency would be nice... :lol:

Haha! Definitley. It's either a European village, or a Renaissance-influenced area. Lolz. I can get used to the renaissance look we have now. I just think they have to repaint or replace the decor and make it consistent. Just like TL. It should be consistent and some replacement here and there.

DisneyParksFan1

To update on the facade refurbs. I was there yesterday and the Friar Nooks and the Seven Dwarfs' Mine has already finished it's somewhat lengthy refurb and is looking great. Very refreshed. Now, the Cupboard is almost done, it just needs some more work on the ceiling. One thing that bothered me about the Cupboard is that the signage is the same one. It looks dirty and worn out.

DisneyParksFan1

To update on the facade refurbs. I was there yesterday and the Friar Nooks and the Seven Dwarfs' Mine has already finished it's somewhat lengthy refurb and is looking great. Very refreshed. Now, the Cupboard is almost done, it just needs some more work on the ceiling. One thing that bothered me about the Cupboard is that the signage is the same one. It looks dirty and worn out. It seems as though Disney is refreshing all of Fantasyland West before the big Fantasy Forest area opens.

Next up for refurbishment is...

-Cinderella Castle, Steve posted a thread here about it. It'll begin right after the marathon.

EDIT: Sorry for double post something happened with my connection.

DisneyParksFan1

That Castle Wall will work wonders...:lol: I'm thinking it'll help the transition very well

Definitely, it helps strengthen the storytelling. I just think that if Fantasyland starting from its west entrance begins as a village theme, why have a random circus tent area when you reach Pan and Small World, then again comes the village theme with the Village Haus, but then comes the random tent theme with Snow White and the Ariel area, the again comes the village theme with the Friar Nooks, and Seven Dwarfs Mine, but then once again with the random tents with Pooh, so basically I think they should choose, hopefully the village theme. It just makes it sooo much more magical as if you were transported to a village.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom