Existing Fantasyland exteriors refurbishment

IWant2GoNow

Thanks for the updates, Steve! Do you know if these are just paint and polish and/or are they setting up for where the new castle wall will be?

lazyboy97o

Constructing the castle wall will be interesting... There's no way to build it without dividing Fantasyland in two or totally closing Fantasyland East
Or do 1 part of the caste wall at a time like segments.
If the concept art is to be believed, there is not one single castle wall but two walls. Between the two walls is a wide walkway. The southern section of the wall also is shown as not connecting with the east Fantasyland show-building.

DisneyParksFan1

You think all these exterior refurbishments mean that they are just making sure the existing FYL is looking good before they begin construction on Fantasy Forest?

Speaking of Fantasy Forest, when do they begin construction on it?

EPCOT Explorer

You think all these exterior refurbishments mean that they are just making sure the existing FYL is looking good before they begin construction on Fantasy Forest?

Speaking of Fantasy Forest, when do they begin construction on it?
That's the hope. :D Hopefully, they change part of the look of the land, too.

And FF might have walls up in Nov.

MarkTwain

That's the hope. :D Hopefully, they change part of the look of the land, too.

And FF might have walls up in Nov.

I've been dying to know and can't really find a definite answer... is Disney planning on redoing the existing facades to get rid of the circus-tent look? I thought that a lot of the reason this expansion was conceived was to update the look of the land to Disneyland's "fantasy village" look, although I realized that may have changed. Anyone know for sure?

EPCOT Explorer

I've been dying to know and can't really find a definite answer... is Disney planning on redoing the existing facades to get rid of the circus-tent look? I thought that a lot of the reason this expansion was conceived was to update the look of the land to Disneyland's "fantasy village" look, although I realized that may have changed. Anyone know for sure?
For sure!?:lookaroun What's that? :lol:

I've heard SOME thoughts on that they want to redress a few of the Facades in FL East to match FF, seeing that the expansion is mostly in that area.

West, however? No idea...but it could come later.

DisneyParksFan1

I have an update on the exteriors. These were taken on the 8th.

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard

Pinnochhio's Village Haus, loving how it looks after its exterior refurb.

There's more coming up in the next post

DisneyParksFan1

I love the architecture the Village Haus uses.

Don't remember seeing those flags before...

That new building in the back I don't remember seeing. Either way nice way to use perspective it seems as if it was a far off village or something...

Friar Nooks

Seven Dwarfs' Mine

_Scar

Our Village Haus is on par with some of DLP's architecture. Kinda sad our dark rides can't say that, but people never think of Village Haus when they think of our Fantasyland lol

EPCOT Explorer

I have an update on the exteriors. These were taken on the 8th.

Mrs. Potts' Cupboard

Pinnochhio's Village Haus, loving how it looks after its exterior refurb.

There's more coming up in the next post
As do I. Looks MUCH more vibrant, and gives me hope for the rest of FL. :D

I hope they use that look...A LOT.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom