News Exhibit Featuring Portraits of Veterans by President George W. Bush Coming to The American Adventure

Lilofan

A reminder that Epcot, among other things - is a museum! In addition to the American adventure gallery (currently showing Native American art) there are galleries in Mexico, Norway, China, Japan, and Morocco.
I use these areas as a rain shelter Aug/Sept as we go dry to wet wet to dry several times a day in the parks and wearing Wal Mart ponchos.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Assuming related, the Walt Disney World refurbishment calendar shows the American Heritage Gallery space will closed May 28 through June 6.

It appears this space may be closed a little longer than originally noted above - the Walt Disney World website now shows it will be closed through June 9, with hours beginning June 10.

However, the Disney Parks Blog post still has the Portraits of Courage exhibit listed as opening June 9.

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 12.15.06 PM.png

TrainsOfDisney

Oh so they are hanging on the walls of the rotunda! Are any of them in the gallery as well? Does the gallery still have the Native American displays?

JohnD

Walt Disney World Unveils George W. Bush's 'Portraits of Courage' at EPCOT​

The-American-Heritage-Gallery_Full_56281.jpg

The-American-Heritage-Gallery_Full_56282.jpg

The-American-Heritage-Gallery_Full_56279.jpg

More photos at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...ge-w.-bushs-portraits-of-courage-at-epcot.htm
Wow. I thought they were only going into the exhibit gallery, not the main rotunda. Maybe there are so many the portraits are in both?

TrainsOfDisney

The only downside of this - these replace the semi-permanent paintings of American History that set the tone and story of the American adventure. These modern paintings slightly clash with the rest of the Rotunda.

The gallery space is where I assumed this was going - that has always been rotating exhibits.

The positive side is, we have two exhibits - the President George Bush paintings and the Native American artifacts and exhibit.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

The only downside of this - these replace the semi-permanent paintings of American History that set the tone and story of the American adventure. These modern paintings slightly clash with the rest of the Rotunda.

The gallery space is where I assumed this was going - that has always been rotating exhibits.

The positive side is, we have to exhibits - the President George Bush paintings and the Native American artifacts and exhibit.
Im surprised as well, it seems a bit jarring in the rotunda,,thought for sure it would go in the gallery,,,at the same time still glad to have the native American exhibit. But your right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom