Excel Spreadsheet Planner Template

Michael Shiels

Hey gang! Does anyone have a really well-prepared WDW planning spreadsheet they use when prepping for the magic? I have searched a few online, nothing has been exceptionally special. I am looking for one to breakdown potential dining plan options, multiple resorts for comparison, flight information, packing lists, etc. I may have to create one myself, but I am hoping someone has come up with a nice one already.

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
I assume this means you know how to code.

I am a SQL DBA and a developer (among other hats).

If the two of you were serious about it, I wouldn't mind joining in on a collaborative effort.

I'd assume you two are familiar with the aspects of software design?

Sadly, no. I am a pretty proficient with Access and Excel so I could simply create a DB in that manner. But I am always up for learning!

Upvote 0

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
Yes, but not for days that you are not staying at Disney, at least not that I'm aware of.

So, for example, if you did a 3 day stay at Uni and then 5 at Disney...you wouldn't be able to plan out "notes" for your 3 day stay.

I think that would be invaluable for Disney to know (even though they don't want to market the other offerings) because they'd get amazing insight into exactly what, when and where people are going offsite!

That is a great point! I think I have created a small think tank of ideas here! ;)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That is a great point! I think I have created a small think tank of ideas here! ;)
What is interesting is that Disneyland California isn't nearly the same, when it comes to acknowledging the existence of its neighbors.

Heck, you can buy knotts berry and universal tickets THROUGH the Disneyland website. They even suggest them to you during the booking process!

Upvote 0
I am so glad there are so many spreadsheet lovers on here with me! I have a spreadsheet I use, but I keep it clean and simple. When we go to Disney, we pick our hotel without consideration of cost comparison, because it's worth it to stay where we want, and we're on the dining plan, so we pick our restaurants without concern there either.

My spreadsheet just tracks our time in the park. There's a spot for each day with important info like flight numbers, dining reservation number, extra magic hours and the regular park hours. I set it so it prints nicely on 1 page and it's our quick reference to keep us on track during the trip. Probably could put that kind of stuff in the smart phone, but this will actually be my first trip with a smart phone and I'm not ready to give up the spreadsheet yet!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am so glad there are so many spreadsheet lovers on here with me! I have a spreadsheet I use, but I keep it clean and simple. When we go to Disney, we pick our hotel without consideration of cost comparison, because it's worth it to stay where we want, and we're on the dining plan, so we pick our restaurants without concern there either.

My spreadsheet just tracks our time in the park. There's a spot for each day with important info like flight numbers, dining reservation number, extra magic hours and the regular park hours. I set it so it prints nicely on 1 page and it's our quick reference to keep us on track during the trip. Probably could put that kind of stuff in the smart phone, but this will actually be my first trip with a smart phone and I'm not ready to give up the spreadsheet yet!
Do a hybrid!

Download the app "Docs to Go". Then you can open your spreadsheet from your smartphone!

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

Yes, but not for days that you are not staying at Disney, at least not that I'm aware of.

So, for example, if you did a 3 day stay at Uni and then 5 at Disney...you wouldn't be able to plan out "notes" for your 3 day stay.

I think that would be invaluable for Disney to know (even though they don't want to market the other offerings) because they'd get amazing insight into exactly what, when and where people are going offsite!
Nope, you can add a note to any day, you don't have to have a reservation. I just made one for today to test the theory, and didn't have any problems. Just give it a title, choose the day, put in a description, and you can even choose the people that are doing it with you.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I LOVE spreadsheets!!! I was a software engineer for 16 years before moving into project management. Love to open up VBA in Word and Excel and do a bit of macro programming. I still enjoy writing complex SQL against our Oracle database that is used to track software changes. Export the results to Excel, add some formulas and graphs... Now, what were we discussing in this thread? ;-)
VBA.

I love it when people say "I'm good with Excel."

I ask...do you know any VBA?

"No"

Ok then, you are not good with Excel until you understand the sheer power of the DARK SIDE!

dancing-vader.gif

Upvote 0
I have a spreadsheet I used for our 2013 trip and plan on using it again for our 2014 trip. I have park hours, dinner reservations, FP+ selections and even some snacks I wanted to try. It's great to use as a quick reference instead of signing into MDE. If anyone would like to private message me their email address, I can upload the Excel file to you via email.

Upvote 0

71dsp

VBA.

I love it when people say "I'm good with Excel."

I ask...do you know any VBA?

"No"

Ok then, you are not good with Excel until you understand the sheer power of the DARK SIDE!

You know, I've built some very complex spreadsheets using a variety of lesser used Excel functions (and I am especially fond of the new IFNA in Excel 2013, but it's a very simple formula that helps tremendously with any type of lookup function), but VBA is something I really want to learn. I can do simple VBA by recording macros then manipulating the syntax to get the results I need; however writing a macro from scratch is not my forte.

I have a spreadsheet I used for our 2013 trip and plan on using it again for our 2014 trip. I have park hours, dinner reservations, FP+ selections and even some snacks I wanted to try. It's great to use as a quick reference instead of signing into MDE. If anyone would like to private message me their email address, I can upload the Excel file to you via email.

We have a similar spreadsheet that outlines each day, ADRs, FP+, etc. Glad to know we're in good company!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom