Excel Spreadsheet Planner Template

Michael Shiels

Hey gang! Does anyone have a really well-prepared WDW planning spreadsheet they use when prepping for the magic? I have searched a few online, nothing has been exceptionally special. I am looking for one to breakdown potential dining plan options, multiple resorts for comparison, flight information, packing lists, etc. I may have to create one myself, but I am hoping someone has come up with a nice one already.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I haven't found an exceptional one either but then I've just started searching.
I then challenge you Michael to come up with one that Gig 'Em Mickey and I can use :):angelic::happy:

Especially since I have no idea what an SLQ database is....
SQL is like Access...on steroids. (tech geeks don't jump down my throat, I'm trying to say it in a way she'd understand, not define it technically)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

Here's a composite of a bunch of spreadsheets from different posters on this site.

Thanks! I'm a visual planner and I like your Itinerary sheet. Although I'm a little embarrassed that I keep going back to a photo I took of my planning (dry erase) board as I still fiddle with my ADR's. Why I can't seem to just put it all in a spreadsheet I just don't know.

I even just yesterday erased it and have started plotting anew since I have changed so many ressies and am trying now to plan FP+s.:banghead:
I think I need some serious help :eek:

Upvote 0

cw1982

Thanks! I'm a visual planner and I like your Itinerary sheet. Although I'm a little embarrassed that I keep going back to a photo I took of my planning (dry erase) board as I still fiddle with my ADR's. Why I can't seem to just put it all in a spreadsheet I just don't know.

I even just yesterday erased it and have started plotting anew since I have changed so many ressies and am trying now to plan FP+s.:banghead:
I think I need some serious help :eek:

Lol... I tried to make myself create a spreadsheet. I got to about 45 days out and gave up, mainly because I did keep changing certain things.

One thing that I have found to be funny about this whole process is how much of my plan is different from what my original spreadsheet says, now that I'm two days away from check in :)

Hats off to anyone who has time and patience to put all that in a spreadsheet... I tried and failed miserably.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
One note about spreadsheets...

First, the planning tools available through MDE have mostly removed the need for spreadsheets and calendars for me.

The last time I did one was for the 2013 Disneyland trip.

By that time, I'd migrated to using Google Docs Spreadsheets and Google Calendar along with a gmail account I created specifically for the Disney trips. When I'd book anything with Disney (or related to the trip) I'd use that email, and then use the google apps tools to plan things out.

In Google Calendar, I'd mark my ADRs, put in park hours and showtimes (Wishes, parades, etc.).

When time came for the trip (or rather, about a week out), I'd just add that gmail account to my phone and everything would sync up. That way, I had it all right there at my fingertips.

After the trip, I'd delink the account from my phone until the next trip.

But, now...I still use that email account, but really only use MDE.

Upvote 0

cw1982

How very cool, @englanddg ... I had never though to use Google in that manner. Now I'm kicking myself because I use those functions for everything else in my life on a regular basis... duh!

I do agree, though, that MDE seems to help with the vast grunt of (if not all of) the planning. Maybe that's why I didn't make time to finish my spreadsheet... I was able to track everything in MDE so well that it was a moot point.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
How very cool, @englanddg ... I had never though to use Google in that manner. Now I'm kicking myself because I use those functions for everything else in my life on a regular basis... duh!

I do agree, though, that MDE seems to help with the vast grunt of (if not all of) the planning. Maybe that's why I didn't make time to finish my spreadsheet... I was able to track everything in MDE so well that it was a moot point.
The only thing I wish Disney would do with MDE is allow for some planning utilities for events that are NOT Disney related.

They do have this in a limited way, but I feel if they expanded the functionality of it, they would find that most people just used it and nothing else.

For example, being able to mark booked flights in it, integration with Disney Cruise Lines (though, I'm sure this is coming already), and the ability to add days that are not Disney (yeah, I know they don't want to remind you that Seaworld, Legoland and Universal are there, but they could just make "free form" days that you can add)...that would round the tool out and remove any need of other utilities.

At least in my mind.

I do still use that email account because it's nice to have all the confirmation emails (Disney and others) in one place without having to search through my normal email. Also, it has a list of contacts that has been built up through the years with things like car rental agencies, taxi companies, various disney numbers (including hotel front desk numbers, if I need to get in touch with the hotel directly), etc...

Upvote 0

cw1982

The only thing I wish Disney would do with MDE is allow for some planning utilities for events that are NOT Disney related.

They do have this in a limited way, but I feel if they expanded the functionality of it, they would find that most people just used it and nothing else.

For example, being able to mark booked flights in it, integration with Disney Cruise Lines (though, I'm sure this is coming already), and the ability to add days that are not Disney (yeah, I know they don't want to remind you that Seaworld, Legoland and Universal are there, but they could just make "free form" days that you can add)...that would round the tool out and remove any need of other utilities.

At least in my mind.

I do still use that email account because it's nice to have all the confirmation emails (Disney and others) in one place without having to search through my normal email. Also, it has a list of contacts that has been built up through the years with things like car rental agencies, taxi companies, various disney numbers (including hotel front desk numbers, if I need to get in touch with the hotel directly), etc...

I agree completely about how nice it would be if MDE would have a function to allow for a "free form" day, as you called it... I was actually going to say something very similar in my last response and posted too early.

The email thing still fascinates me lol. Maybe I'll try and work that out tomorrow, if I have time. We leave Saturday morning to head down there, so my time is running out on the planning aspect. If nothing else, it would give me a place that I could forward my Disney emails to so that I would have them in case I need to find them quickly for some reason, and then I could always build from there later. Just because we won't be back for a few years doesn't mean we won't ever be back... and (hopefully) next time we'll have a kid or two with us, so having a quick and easy way to compile information may be that much more useful.

Thanks for the tip! :)

Upvote 0

Michael Shiels

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, great comments and suggestions. I guess since I am so far out MDE is not a viable option at this time. Also since I generally do alot of my planning at work (shhh), I do not have access to alot of online options due to security.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I may just have to take you up on the challenge!
I assume this means you know how to code.

I am a SQL DBA and a developer (among other hats).

If the two of you were serious about it, I wouldn't mind joining in on a collaborative effort.

I'd assume you two are familiar with the aspects of software design?

Upvote 0

lunchbox1175

At least in my mind.

You can do this by utilizing the notes feature....if you make a reservation for something that is Non Disney related, you can put in the time and note about what it is and then it will appear in your calendar.

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

Well, englandg, I suppose now I don't feel bad for spending some time plugging things like parade times into MDE. I haven't reached my 60 day mark so I guess haven't been able to see what MDE can really do.

So really you are saying that if I can get my head around scrolling vertical down pages instead of looking at a monthly calendar page then I should be all set? :):):) That's going to take some getting used to but if it's going to save me the aggravation of starting over with a spreadsheet then I'm golden.
I'm such a :banghead: sometimes!

THANK YOU!
Btw-LOVE your trip reports!!

You can do this by utilizing the notes feature....if you make a reservation for something that is Non Disney related, you can put in the time and note about what it is and then it will appear in your calendar.

That is super cool!!

Upvote 0

Daxiegirl

And all along here I was thinking I had to create this amazing calendar so I could keep everything straight. Just wasn't trusting the Magic of Disney

*gasp* did I' just say that out loud? :angelic:

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes, but not for days that you are not staying at Disney, at least not that I'm aware of.

So, for example, if you did a 3 day stay at Uni and then 5 at Disney...you wouldn't be able to plan out "notes" for your 3 day stay.

I think that would be invaluable for Disney to know (even though they don't want to market the other offerings) because they'd get amazing insight into exactly what, when and where people are going offsite!

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, englandg, I suppose now I don't feel bad for spending some time plugging things like parade times into MDE. I haven't reached my 60 day mark so I guess haven't been able to see what MDE can really do.

So really you are saying that if I can get my head around scrolling vertical down pages instead of looking at a monthly calendar page then I should be all set? :):):) That's going to take some getting used to but if it's going to save me the aggravation of starting over with a spreadsheet then I'm golden.
I'm such a :banghead: sometimes!

THANK YOU!
Btw-LOVE your trip reports!!

That is super cool!!
That was one thing I didn't like so much...I wish it had a clean calendar view. But, once I adjusted, I found I didn't mind so much.

And, thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom