Ewan McGregor returning to Star Wars?

ppete1975

I really wish we had received a movie. I liked how the were doing the side stories. One would be a battle movie, one would be a western, would we be a spy movie (they were able to step outside of the normal star wars style). Rogue one to me is an amazing movie. I really wish we had the obi wan movie that's in my head.
Imagine Cast away.
Start the movie of Obi arriving and just coming to grips of his new reality and finding a place to live and survive
jump ahead 10 years as he saves luke from something dumb like (using the force and luke doesn't even notice)
at this point hes slowly losing his mind... hes been a hermit and not spoken to anyone in years everynight he has nightmares of what became of Anakin and all of his friends dying
he communicates with the dead like quigon
hes losing his mind and hope.
everyonce in awhile he interjects himself to save moisture farmers against the huts or the sand people.
Bad guys could be maul, the huttsor my favorite Black Krrsantan

10 yearish time jump
The end is either obi wan having the jawas pick up the droids and come into the path of luke and his uncle.. or controlling the droids to be caught.. (this could be done over the shoulder or just with a voice overlay so you don't need the cgi
last scene he see luke being attacked bythe sandpeople and knows its time to reintroduce himself

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really wish we had received a movie. I liked how the were doing the side stories. One would be a battle movie, one would be a western, would we be a spy movie (they were able to step outside of the normal star wars style). Rogue one to me is an amazing movie. I really wish we had the obi wan movie that's in my head.
Imagine Cast away.
Start the movie of Obi arriving and just coming to grips of his new reality and finding a place to live and survive
jump ahead 10 years as he saves luke from something dumb like (using the force and luke doesn't even notice)
at this point hes slowly losing his mind... hes been a hermit and not spoken to anyone in years everynight he has nightmares of what became of Anakin and all of his friends dying
he communicates with the dead like quigon
hes losing his mind and hope.
everyonce in awhile he interjects himself to save moisture farmers against the huts or the sand people.
Bad guys could be maul, the huttsor my favorite Black Krrsantan

10 yearish time jump
The end is either obi wan having the jawas pick up the droids and come into the path of luke and his uncle.. or controlling the droids to be caught.. (this could be done over the shoulder or just with a voice overlay so you don't need the cgi
last scene he see luke being attacked bythe sandpeople and knows its time to reintroduce himself
Kathy Kennedy has proven she has no clue what a good movie is...
Better to cut bait on something with a timeless
Character such as this

erasure fan1

This is the highlight of the weekend. So much story to tell from this era.
Yea, so far it is for sure.
Of all the things they’ve tried...this has the most potential.

...series are the way to go. They’ve proven they can’t make compelling movies...best to build it back up with episodic series where character can be formed
It pains me to say it, but you're right. I would have much preferred they did this in a movie. But when the head of the studio can't figure out what to do, this is a safer bet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea, so far it is for sure.

It pains me to say it, but you're right. I would have much preferred they did this in a movie. But when the head of the studio can't figure out what to do, this is a safer bet.
Exactly...you can have a bad episode...

You can’t release “the last Johnson” on Mcgreggor...

Hamill already took the fall and fisher is dead...and of course: “ford got paid”...as he stated to I believe jimmy kimmel

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess we could see Vader. Hopefully sparingly and not in any direct conflict with Obi Wan. Any conflict between the two would lessen the impact of the conflict in ANH.
I think seeing Vader is almost a sure thing. Quite honestly, I suspect we will see quite a few familiar faces from episodes 1-6 with especial emphasis on episodes 4-6. It is what the vocal fans want and I have a feeling Disney will be more than willing to go full tilt fan service with everything from the "Rebellion" era.

ppete1975

I think seeing Vader is almost a sure thing. Quite honestly, I suspect we will see quite a few familiar faces from episodes 1-6 with especial emphasis on episodes 4-6. It is what the vocal fans want and I have a feeling Disney will be more than willing to go full tilt fan service with everything from the "Rebellion" era.
I think this would be a horrible idea.. one of the few things the prequels did was give an ending to vader and obi. So that when watched in order it makes sense that this is the first time that Vader and obi have seen each other since he became more machine than man. Yes Obi has heard the rumors maybe seen him from afar.. but there is a look on obis face.. of this "this is what you have become" there is a stunned silence at parts. And it appears they haven't seen each other since the lava and Obi has dreaded the moment but knows there is no other way. Which is shocking, watching episode 4 since it was filmed so many years before 1-3 and I still believe that contrary to Lucas's claims everyone prob thought this was a one and done movie and not the monster it became with sequels.

Now a flashback to Anakin and obi.. sure.. maybe even nightmares would make sense, but to see them together I would hate it. Maybe you could see them in the same area and obi is watching vader from afar and vader can sense something but isn't sure its obi (force cloaking or something).. but they don't actually confront each other.. possibly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think this would be a horrible idea.. one of the few things the prequels did was give an ending to vader and obi. So that when watched in order it makes sense that this is the first time that Vader and obi have seen each other since he became more machine than man. Yes Obi has heard the rumors maybe seen him from afar.. but there is a look on obis face.. of this "this is what you have become" there is a stunned silence at parts. And it appears they haven't seen each other since the lava and Obi has dreaded the moment but knows there is no other way. Which is shocking, watching episode 4 since it was filmed so many years before 1-3 and I still believe that contrary to Lucas's claims everyone prob thought this was a one and done movie and not the monster it became with sequels.

Now a flashback to Anakin and obi.. sure.. maybe even nightmares would make sense, but to see them together I would hate it. Maybe you could see them in the same area and obi is watching vader from afar and vader can sense something but isn't sure its obi (force cloaking or something).. but they don't actually confront each other.. possibly.
I am thinking more from a fanservice point a view vs a story.

I agree that Vader and Obi should have zero interaction in anything that takes place between Mufastar and their final meeting on the Death Star. I am just doubtful that hose writing the checks will see it the same way. Even if they do, I still think we will see Vader even if he and Obi do not actually meet.

Vader is one of the most popular villains in all of movie history. You just don't leave that card in the deck.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess we could see Vader. Hopefully sparingly and not in any direct conflict with Obi Wan. Any conflict between the two would lessen the impact of the conflict in ANH.

Yep...I think we are in “break the glass” territory. All hands on deck.

Nope...see above.
I am thinking more from a fanservice point a view vs a story.

I agree that Vader and Obi should have zero interaction in anything that takes place between Mufastar and their final meeting on the Death Star. I am just doubtful that hose writing the checks will see it the same way. Even if they do, I still think we will see Vader even if he and Obi do not actually meet.

Vader is one of the most popular villains in all of movie history. You just don't leave that card in the deck.
Yep...you are very wise, Master

As an aside. After everyone watches the Star Wars/felicity highlight reel they just hatched today...post your thoughts.

Mine are “discerning”...as usual with Star Wars 🤪

erasure fan1

There is a segment of fans that thinks that when Vader says to Obi-Wan "you should not have come back... when we last met..." that he was eluding to them having confronted eachother after ep3. I don't buy it but Disney could very well feed into it. That said, I don't see how Vader could not show up in this series. You need to see that moment when Obi-Wan finds out/realizes that Vader is Anakin. It could be a very powerful moment.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a segment of fans that thinks that when Vader says to Obi-Wan "you should not have come back... when we last met..." that he was eluding to them having confronted eachother after ep3. I don't buy it but Disney could very well feed into it. That said, I don't see how Vader could not show up in this series. You need to see that moment when Obi-Wan finds out/realizes that Vader is Anakin. It could be a very powerful moment.
The full line is "I've been waiting for you Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."

The "left you" line is the key. I assumed that it is referring to the moment when he pledged himself to Palpatine and became Darth Vader. You could grant them a bit of artistic license and say it referred to their final fight on Mufastar, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might exploit this loophole to arrange at least one more meeting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom