Ewan McGregor returning to Star Wars?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://nerdist.com/rumor-ewan-mcgregor-to-return-as-obi-wan-kenobi-for-new-star-wars-films/

Rumors!

"Disney and Lucasfilm are looking to return Ewan McGregor to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi for a movie set between Episodes III and IV, and most interestingly, a possible trilogy of Obi-Wan centric movies. Their sources tell them that the film (or films) would “focus on Obi-Wan’s adventures between the two trilogies as he watches over a maturing Luke Skywalker. The film(s) would be stand alone adventure(s), with the possibility of characters like Owen Lars and Darth Maul appearing.”

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Darth Maul died at the end of episode 1, so unless they bring him back as a cyborg looking for revenge, i dont see how that would work.

erasure fan1

Mcgregor was one of the shining spots of the prequels as Obi-wan so I don't mind this rumor. I don't think we need a trilogy but 1 or 2 movies qould be ok. This would be a good way to get Vader and Yoda some screen time as well. I would still rather see them go old republic but I like this better than a Solo, Fett or Yoda film.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Mcgregor was one of the shining spots of the prequels as Obi-wan so I don't mind this rumor. I don't think we need a trilogy but 1 or 2 movies qould be ok. This would be a good way to get Vader and Yoda some screen time as well. I would still rather see them go old republic but I like this better than a Solo, Fett or Yoda film.
I agree about McGregor, but wasn't he rather vocal about being glad to be done with Star Wars?

I love the idea of the films, I just question as to whether they could actually get Ewan to reprise the role.

216bruce

Man, I'd be so happy to see a Neeson and McGregor film covering their time together. Those two were the highlight of #1.

erasure fan1

I agree about McGregor, but wasn't he rather vocal about being glad to be done with Star Wars?

I love the idea of the films, I just question as to whether they could actually get Ewan to reprise the role.
Yea he did seem to distance himself from the movies but in recent interviews he has said he would like to reprise the role. Back when EP:7 was announced he was asked about it and he said:
digital spy said:
"Yeah of course," McGregor said, when asked in an interview with Digital Spy if he would be open to reappearing in the films. "If they need me, yeah, I'd be happy."
I think after the prequels were all done a lot of the actors thought it to be fashionable to distance themselves from the franchise. Funny though, most anyone who said they were done with star wars completely changed directions when the new movies got announced.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yea he did seem to distance himself from the movies but in recent interviews he has said he would like to reprise the role. Back when EP:7 was announced he was asked about it and he said:

I think after the prequels were all done a lot of the actors thought it to be fashionable to distance themselves from the franchise. Funny though, most anyone who said they were done with star wars completely changed directions when the new movies got announced.
I am sure Lucas being out of the equation played no small part in that turn around.

The guy is an absolutely brilliant idea man, but a horrible director.

NormC

Splinter of the mind's eye would make a great standalone film for what happened between IV and V. Unfortunately it would need good casting as Luke and Leia are much younger than Hamill and Fisher.

Sage of Time

aughhhhhhhhhhh. I really like McGregor, but can we not use existing characters for these films? Show MORE of the universe. expand.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seems like a yes... for a six episode D+ mini-series.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Sounds like the Obi-Wan movie wasn’t cancelled after all, it was just converted to a D+ series. So much for those that said SW was dead...

erasure fan1

I would have preferred a theatrical Obi-Wan but I guess this is better than nothing. I can see why they would want to do D+ for this. I just think they're trying to be too safe with TV.

Darkprime

Better deal than a one off movie tbh. 4-5 hours of Obi-Wan better than 2 and half hours.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

source.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom