Everything Yacht Club (Question)

surfsupdon

I want to hear some real reviews from real people who have stayed at Yacht Club (or Beach Club) and how they enjoyed it. Is it worth it for an AP rate of 194/night during Holiday Rate season (12/26-1/4) or no? Waste of money or steal? I know about the pool being phenomenal, but are there any other perks to be enjoyed. Any complaints? Any reccomendations? This is our first time at a deluxe resort (excluding the Dolphin), an upgrade from moderates Please respond as I enjoy hearing the honest truth from my "friends" on the boards!!:xmas: Thank you so much!

lewisc

Since you've already stayed in the Dolphin you already know the benefits of the EPCOT resort area. Walk or boat to 2 parks. Restaurants in the boardwalk area and in the WS.
BC/YC gives you the best pool on property and Beachs and Cream which is great for lunch and ice cream. Yacht Club Gallery is great for a non-character breakfast.

Anything under $200 is a GREAT RATE but if you're on a budget also think about going back to Swan/Dolphin.

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

I stayed at the Beach Club last December for two nights. It was also my first time at a deluxe after staying at moderates. I loved it! :) And you're definitely getting a good deal on the rate. My family paid full price so you're doing good with the AP rate. The best thing I liked about the Beach Club was being able to walk to Epcot and the Studios. It was so nice. Also, Beaches and Cream, and Cape May cafe are great places to eat. We had breakfast one morning at the Yacht Club that was also very good. Sorry, I can't remember the name. You can walk to the Boardwalk also. It's just a fabulous location. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

Cliffordsmon

I love the Yacht Club and the Beach Club. It is the perfect location! You can walk to MGM (15 min) or to Epcot. The bus ride to Downtown Disney is minimal. You are in a more central location to all the attractions than other resorts. I stayed at the Contempory in August and it took at least an hour to get to the village by bus. However my family loves Epcot and MGM and to eat and shop.
The Boardwalk is a short walk. Spoodles is great for breakfast and dinner and for fine dining The Flying Fish is excellent! Cape May has a great character breakfast buffet with the best coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. Beaches and Cream has the best burger on property and the Yachtsman Steakhouse is wonderfull.

The atmosphere is very calming and restfull. You can see the fireworks from Illiminations (without Music) from the dock. But one of my favorite late night activities is sitting on the beach and watching the friendship boats returning to their berth at night.

It is worth every penny!

Upvote 0
We had a great time at the YC. Nice rooms and we had a nice view of the water/courtyard from our balcony. We were right next to a stairwell which made coming and going to our room very convenient.

Location. Location. Location.

Upvote 0

brian_gaudio

I have said it once, and I'll say it again. The Yacht Club is the best resort on property. I have stayed at the Yacht Club 15 times, and I have yet to experience a bad stay. I am sure that you will enjoy the Yact Club as much as I do.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Clifford'smon
But one of my favorite late night activities is sitting on the beach and watching the friendship boats returning to their berth at night.

I can attest that she does that a lot! (she's my sister)

:D :D :D

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Stayed at Y&B a couple of years ago. It was a very nice hotel and we had a great time.

We stayed there before the walkway to MGM was put in. My only complaint at the time was that the Friendship boats to MGM were kind of slow. But the walkway should take care of that.

One thing it took us a couple of days to figure out is that they serve breakfast in Beaches and Cream that is cheaper than eating in the restaurant in the hotel. :hammer: We figured that out and it made our breakfast expenses less.

Other than that we had a great time. It is a great thing to watch Illuminations and then know that you don't have to fight the crowds on the busses or monorails to get home, you just walk to your hotel.

And in the morning, if you want to go to Future World, they let you cut through the World Showcase before it is officially open to get there. That is a great time to take pictures of the WS.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

YC was our 1st Deluxe resort after trying all the mods (some a few times) It is my favorite as far as theming goes. We were upgraded to a water view and it was great. The pool is the best, especailly if you have young kids (and even when you don't) All of YC balcony's are full size, some of BC can be very small.

We have always loved Beaches and Cream. We did find we ate there like 4 times in one trip. But if it got old there was always all the places on BW too. Also they do have a place to refill your mugs in the lobby in the am.

As DVC members we love BCV, just like BC, only better.

IMO it is the best place to stay because of the short walk to Epcot. Because Epcot is open until 9:00 every night that is often where you are at night and you can just stroll home after. Also if the parks close early it is a great place to spend the evening.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Disney PHD??

How were you upgraded? Is it something to ask for or was it just bestowed upon you at check-in. Anything I can do or tell my dad?? Thank you.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Wendymom65

Our first visit was the Wilderness Lodge (the second week they were open), it was great (the fireplace), last fall we stayed at the Beach Club. Once we were moved out of the Murphey bed room (info. I found through this site that you don't want to stay in them) we were very happy. We tried (with 2 little ones) the various modes of transport to parks and being so close to Epcot and Studios is a big plus. We were able to walk to most things. The other places, take the bus (we tried walking to Epcot and catching Monorail and switching to go to MK) AND OH MY GOSH the steakhouse at the Yacht club is one of the best steaks in the USA!! We were on the meal plan and ate everywhere in WDW and it was our favorite. It is kinda a hike to the bus stop (small minus).....but then there is the POOOLLLLLL......

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by surfsupdon
Disney PHD??

How were you upgraded? Is it something to ask for or was it just bestowed upon you at check-in. Anything I can do or tell my dad?? Thank you.:xmas:

It was Feburay (low attendnce time) and we were only staying for 3 nights, I also was 7 months pregnant and asked for a room with little walking. It also was our 1st time. All this things seem to add up to if they have the opening they will upgrade you to water view. Same with last trip, we stayed 10 days at OKW (as DVC members) but paid AP rates for a room one night at AKL for a special treat for hubby and I while BIL and SIL stayed in our room and wacthed out 2 year old daughter. We were upgraded to Savana view.

It apears upgrades for room view happen often when space is avilable. (it doesn't cost them any more and it gets you hooked on the view.) Upgrades to bigger rooms or Conciare (so spelled wrong) are less commom I belive.

Wendymom65, where where you at that you thought the walk to the bus stop was long, it is great compared to some places! The walk to the bus stop at BCV is short no matter what room you are in. I can see how YC can be a bit "out there".

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
WOW! The feedback concerning Yacht Clib has been so positive and it seems that no one has yet to have any bad experiences, or anything truly negative about their experience. That's great as I am looking forward to celebrating my 21st birthday at our first deluxe resort during the Christmas and New Year's season.:xmas:

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have stayed at both resorts and they are both fantastic! The kids loved the pool and eating at the Yachtsman for dinner is a must. You did get a great rate, go for it!

Pam

Upvote 0

westie

The Yacht Club is one of my faves. Walk to Epcot. Leisurely boat ride to MGM. Great restuarants all over the Boardwalk area. It is expensive but, I really enjoy that "upper crust" feel. They just treat you better. My only complaint, the room was the exact same layout as the Swan and Port Orleans, just different decor. I was hoping it would be larger...

Upvote 0
We've stayed at the YC many times, most recently March 2003. We have also stayed at a couple of other resorts and found YC to be most convenient for what we like. It's so close to EPCOT, Studios and the Boardwalk, yet only a 25 minute bus ride from MK.

The last time we were there however, I did notice a decline in their services from previous years. Rooms not cleaned until late afternoon, no morning coffee in the lobby, pool bar understaffed with only one person working during the peak afternoon hours, etc. Mostly convenience issues but nonetheless, items Disney has typically taken very seriously to keep people coming back.

Nonethesless, unless MK is your favorite park and you plan to visit that park daily, I would recommend YC over the others. Your rate is excellent and I'm curious where you found it. We're planning on a return trip in March of 2004 and I'm already searching for deals.

Have fun

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Well, the rate was an AP rate my dad managed to get for a garden room--not a water room. Maybe thats why its cheaper.
And, yes, Epcot and MGM are our 2 favorite parks, so it's good.

And the gym is free of charge right--walk right in,sign up and lift??:xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom