Everything booked in December???

Texas84

We tried to book a DVC for the week of Dec. 6 and there is NOTHING available. We got OKW for the week of Dec. 13 but it wasn't our first choice (We love OKW but want to try them all). Is this just demand or is there something going on? Does seem like the early December season has been getting more popular the last few years. Thanks!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We tried to book a DVC for the week of Dec. 6 and there is NOTHING available. We got OKW for the week of Dec. 13 but it wasn't our first choice (We love OKW but want to try them all). Is this just demand or is there something going on? Does seem like the early December season has been getting more popular the last few years. Thanks!

Yeah, there does seem to be less and less of a down time between the end of Thanksgiving and the onset of the Christmas holidays at WDW. We usually try to go right before Christmas ourselves, and finding a place to stay or getting an ADR has been challenging at times.....

Upvote 0

lumpydj

The beginning of Dec is a very popular time for DVC. With the low points and all the Christmas stuff going on, all the DVC resorts get booked up pretty quickly. You definately need your 11 month window to book then. We booked a 2BR SV at AKV for 12/4 - 12/11 at 11 months but we're now on a waitlist to get a 2BR at BCV. We don't have much hope of getting it...:cry:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like others have said the beginning of December is becoming very popular with DVC and the regular resorts as well. Little availability 6-7 months out is pretty common.

Upvote 0

val1756

Like others have said the beginning of December is becoming very popular with DVC and the regular resorts as well. Little availability 6-7 months out is pretty common.

I completely agree with these statements. We went the first week of December and all we did is wait in line, so many people said it was the off season so we went and it was so busy we will never go again in December, anytime in December.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I completely agree with these statements. We went the first week of December and all we did is wait in line, so many people said it was the off season so we went and it was so busy we will never go again in December, anytime in December.
I could never not go in December. Disney in Christmas mode is unmissable for me.

Upvote 0

Texas84

Original Poster
Thanks everybody. We've been doing early December since 97 (wow!) and I remember crowds being light. Good for Disney, I guess.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

Three years in a row now for dec 14th, seems th same to us, still have to make adrs at 7am and get to tsmm by 9am if you want on. other than that, its great!!!!!!!!!:xmas::xmas::xmas:

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We are DVC BLT owners and had to change our reservation back in January. we were supposed to be there this week!!! but due to schedule conflicts with other members of our party, we had to push it back to Dec. We have been at this time back in 2006 and thought the crowds to be manageable, but crowded nonetheless. still better than going in June, July or August. we were booked for a 2br MK view at BLT, but when we had to change it, we had to split our week into 1/2 of Lake view and then check out and then check back in to our MK view. We look at it this way, we get the pleasure of getting both views and ending it with the MK view. Yes we have to go to the trouble of checking out and checking back in, but we have nothing scheduled for that day anyway..it is our "free day" to do whatever the kids want to do.

however, we are on the "wait list" for the 2 br MK View for our entire duration. We just are planning on being able to get it. But, we'll see!!!!!

Upvote 0

dizzney

We are DVC BWV and BLT owners and when we planned to go from 12-31-2009 to 1-9-2010 with 5 nights in a one bedroom at BWV Boaradwalk view and 4 nights in a one bedroom MK view, we booked 11 months out. We then found out that my sons girlfriend and my aunt were able to join us so we had to wait list for a 2 bedroom at BWV for those five nights and also for BLT's 4 nights. We cleared wait list for BWV by september which worked since my aunt came on the 1st and left on the 5th, but we never cleared a wait list for a 2 bedroom at BLT MK view and that was arriving on January 5th which is a slow season. My sons girlfriend ended up sleeping on the chairbed, but we wished we had had the two bedroom.

I was amazed that I cleared waiit list for New Years Eve on a Boardwalk view at BWV but did not clear for slow season at BLT. I would have thought the reverse. So you cannot predict what you will clear and what you wont.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer & Dance Championships are from Dec 4 thru Dec 11. While this doesn't necessarily translate to less DVC availability, it could contribute.

Upvote 0

MinnieSummer

Wow, I always wait until the AP rates come out for december and have never had a problem booking either DVC or Delux.Mod resorts. We go around the 22nd and stay until the 26th. Maybe it's slower that close to Christmas and fills up the day after Christmas. But if there is nothing available, I am getting scared that I wont be going this year and that would be the first year since 2001. I will not have a good Christmas. But I am going tomorrow and again in June and again in September so I'll survive.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow, I always wait until the AP rates come out for december and have never had a problem booking either DVC or Delux.Mod resorts. We go around the 22nd and stay until the 26th. Maybe it's slower that close to Christmas and fills up the day after Christmas. But if there is nothing available, I am getting scared that I wont be going this year and that would be the first year since 2001. I will not have a good Christmas. But I am going tomorrow and again in June and again in September so I'll survive.
You should not have too much of a problem booking either cash DVC or regular rooms but you will need to be flexible on location. DVC rooms on points are what tend to book out 10-11 months in advance.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom