Everyday Places That Remind You Of WDW

Iris

Original Poster
I was in a Cracker Barrel restaurant yesterday and suddenly started thinking of WDW. I realized that the atmosphere of the dining room and the rocking chairs in front of the restaurant reminded me of Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness.

Has any place in the "real world" ever triggered a WDW flashback?

lilo091701

The Disney Store

That is where I work and that is why I work there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

I love giving the Guests as close to possible magical experience!!!!!:)

sarabi

The shopping center outside of my office building is paved with pink pavement kinda like the magic kingdom. There was an italian restaurant with wood fired ovens that made the area smell like Animal Kingdom Lodge (add that to the tall grasses they have growing for landscaping around it). There's a fountain in the middle. The smell of the chlorine in it reminds me of splash mountain.

Eyorefan

I ride the bus to work and that reminds me of Disney World. I'm serious!

It took me a while to get use to how nice all the bus riders are. People form lines to que for their bus line, (even though there is no "offical" que), people give up their seats to those who might need it more, if there is "standing room only", and it's real easy to strike up a nice conversation with people.

Iknewagirlnamed

Honestly, nowhere quite reminds me of Disney World except for Disney World itself. :)

Certain smells remind me, however. Like the smell of pavement on a hot day, smog from a bus, or other more pleasant smells. lol

The closest I can come to being reminded is sites like this or The Disney Store, but only when they're playing promos for WDW.

Thiger

Every once in a while I'll be in a subway station and kinda smell the cue for Space Mountain (one of my fav smells of all time).

I also buy rice candy when I'm in San Fran as it reminds me where I first bought it (in Japan at EPCOT). Every year on my birthday I eat those candies and it reminds me of walking around world showcase.

bluefaery

My bedroom remins me of WDW. I have pictures up everywhere from past trips. Whenever I look at a certain picture, I am reminded of the day that particular picture was taken.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm with Eyorefan on this; buses (specifically diesel fumes) remind me of Disney. I always think of the parking trams when I smell this, then I hear the "Welcome Aboard" speil in my head, and its all downhill from there. :D

gettingsmaller

I work for an Epcot ride sponsor (not sure I want to get more specific). One of the office buildings belonging to this company is very Epcot-ish: lots of curvy stainless steel and glass, the smell of technology... I feel like I could walk out the door and be standing in Futureworld.

BenS

Not exactly Disney World, but the tram at my airport (Minneapolis/St. Paul) is very similar to the one at Orlando International, so that always brings back some good memories.

Also whenever I go to a local mall it reminds me of Disney somehow, maybe it has something do to with the fact that we used to buy our park tickets at the Disney store there. :shrug:

TowerOfTerror

I drive by this every day I go to work.

CastleEntrance_Rotation75.jpg

elizs77

I was grabbing dinner at Panera Bread tonight, and I caught a whiff of something pleasant that reminded me of food from WDW. In a good way, mind you.

danpam1024

We have a new mall in town that has distressed wooden bridges that smells like the que to POTC. Sometimes DH takes us for a drive to ride over the bridge w/ the windows down and smell Disney :ROFLOL:

maryszhi

when i go to school and look in my locker to my collage, when i go to my hisotry teachers room because its like a shrine to disneworld and just disney in general , when i am in my down town., the list goes on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom